A selection of articles related to qianlong emperor.
Original articles from our library related to the Qianlong Emperor. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Qianlong Emperor.
- The Emperor Tarot Card
- I'd like to offer the following interpretation of The Emperor card. It is important to bear in mind that when it comes to symbols and archetypal images that our perception of these representations may vary from person to person. My interpretation is my own...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- 4 - The Emperor
- The age between 20 – 30 years. A very male card, representing power, leadership, achievement. The Emperor is a true leader: his firm power is combined with exploring new possibilities (the Rams), negotiation and change (the Phoenix - transformation – on his...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- The Emperor
- He sits a King determined Like the rams at his side He is power personified Warrior maximum his heart Power of the Earth blooms from his core Full is the universe in his head Unstoppable his strength to victory This the King in us all. Power of sovereigns in...
Poetry >> Tarot
- Humor: Major Arcana Road Jokes...
- How did the Fool cross the road? Walking softly and carrying a big stick. Why did the Fool cross the road? To get that yappy little dog off his heels. Why did the Magician cross the road? To manifest his desires into reality. How did the Magician cross the...
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
Qianlong Emperor is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Qianlong Emperor books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Historic clocks that have stood the test of time
- The taste for musical clocks and other automata was especially pervasive in China, whose Kangxi and Qianlong emperors developed a passion for these machines, encouraging a vigorous export market from 18th-century Europe. Dealer Ben Wright has a ...
- 5 minutes with… An 18th century Chinese porcelain bowl
- 'We check all of our porcelain under an ultra violet, or UV light,' explains specialist Kate Hunt, examining a delicate porcelain bowl for evidence of hairline cracks or signs of restoration, which might otherwise go unseen.
- China's Only Monogamous Emperor Swore Off Consorts After One Murdered His Mom
- Most emperors had a collection of consorts, like those of the Qianlong Emperor, pictured here. (Photo: Public Domain). In late imperial China, once a man had achieved some stature he was expected to take a mistress–or more than one.
- Freeman's, Oldest U.S. Auction House, Sells for Survival
- In 2011, it sold a white jade seal from the era of China's Qianlong Emperor for $3.5 million, still the most expensive artwork ever sold at Freeman's. In 2015, the company sold 6,000 lots, reaching $33 million in revenue.
- In a Harvard Scholar's 18th-Century History, Glimpses of Modern China
- The Qianlong Emperor waged a vigorous campaign against the social unrest as a perceived threat to his rule. Officials eager to demonstrate their loyalty extracted confessions of sorcery from citizens under torture.
Qianlong Emperor Topics
Related searchesbipinnaria larva
morten harket singles
beating dream interpretation