A selection of articles related to queens.
Original articles from our library related to the Queens. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Queens.
- The Tarot Queens and the Kama Sutra
- '"Being the source of virtue, woman is the best means of reaching heaven. Man's efforts to be virtuous are impossible outside of conjugal virtue... There is no doubt that women are a source of happiness."' Vatsyayana An ancient principle of Indian...
Tarot Cards >> The Minor Arcana
- The Four Grieving Queens
- These are the Ladies who attended Arthur after his final battle, when he lay mortally wounded, and they are the ones who carried him off to Avalon. Two are mentioned below, Morgan Le Fay as chief amongst them, and Nimue, a Lady of the Lake. The other two are...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- A Quick Guide to Reading Ordinary Playing Cards
- Divining from regular playing cards is an old practice and I am sure many of us know at least one fortune-telling game done with this tool. Reading regular cards is called cartomancy or metasymbology. Playing cards have been called "The Devil's Picture...
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- Heket - a water deity in the form of a frog or a frog-headed woman. She made her debut into the Egyptian pantheon in pyramid inscriptions, in a magical text destined to allow the king to ascend into the sky. Later she became connected with birth, in a Middle...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Uadjet, Wadjet, Uajyt or Edjo, goddess of Buto, "the papyrus-colored one", meaning "the green one", which was a general name for the cobra, the uraeus, her sacred animal. Later she was connected to the ichneumon. In one Pyramid Text it is...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- The Twilight of the Celtic Gods
- The Milesians, according to myth, were the first Celts to settle in Ireland. This group was named after the eight sons of Mil (some texts say King Milesius); these Gaelic peoples, the myths report, came to Ireland from Spain. Ironically, the first phase of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Queens is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Queens books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Queens Bus Map September 2011
- QUEENS. VILLAGE. LIRR.
- Brooklyn-Queens - New York City Department of Parks & Recreation
- Island Sound, in Queens. The Brooklyn-Queens Greenway pro- vides an active and engaging way of exploring these two lively and diverse boroughs.
- Nubian Queens in the Nile Valley and Afro-Asiatic Cultural History
- Among these, for example, can counted the Queens of Songhai, Amina of “And behold, a eunuch, a Minister of Candace the Queen of the.
- QC Queens College
- Queens College offers a number of options for pursuing undergraduate and graduate degrees in chemistry and biochemistry.
Suggested News Resources
- Friends stunned by slay of couple in Queens home
- A makeshift memorial of candles and flowers quietly grew Sunday outside the Queens home where a couple was murdered and their son wounded.
- Queen's 'Don't Stop Me Now' voted band's best lyric
- By Tom Eames, Entertainment Reporter Queen fans have voted for the band's best lyric in a poll run by record store chain HMV.
- Mac starts season on right foot; spanks Queen's, 26-2
- KINGSTON Coach Stefan Ptaszek admitted surprise his McMaster Marauders seemed so calm and collected about their Ontario University Athletics football victory over the Queen's Gaels.
- Tindall defends new mother-in-law
- When the rugby ace was spotted the day after his nuptials to the Queen's granddaughter in the same outfit that he married in, it was suggested he had been celebrating too hard to go to bed.
- Lotus Evora S Honours Queen's Freddie Mercury
- Renowned for his stint with the high-energy rock band Queen and for a solo career including albums titles like 'Mr Bad Guy', Mercury earned some famous admirers.
Suggested Web Resources
- Queens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Queens is the easternmost of the five boroughs of New York City.
- QC Queens College
- A senior college of The City University of New York. Located in Queens.
- Queens University of Charlotte | Charlotte, North Carolina
- Queens University of Charlotte is a private co-ed university in Charlotte, North Carolina, committed to liberal arts and professional studies.
- Discover Queens
- 1 day ago Discover fun things to do, places to eat, neighborhoods to explore, and places to stay in the New York City borough of Queens.
- The Queens Medical Center
- The Queen's Medical Center is Hawaii's largest private hospital, and the leading medical referral center in the Pacific Basin.
Related searchesj edgar hoover fbi legacy
dalarna county miscellaneous topics
list of swedish surnames
safeway inc history