Rabindra Nritya Natya
- Grand renditions
- The two-day Nritya Natya Festival, organised by the West Bengal State Music Academy at Rabindra Sadan recently, was a grand success thanks to the work put in by Malabashri Das and Kaushiki Bandopadhayay. Soon after a formal lighting of the lamp, ...
- Creative border crossings
- In ancient Indian texts like Kamasutra, the 64 arts, like geeta, vadya, nritya, natya and alekhya, are presented as a continuum and learning one is supposed to lead naturally to learning the next.
- In letter, spirit and form
- Art Vision's Sangam festival, the brainchild of Ileana Citaristi, for the 10th consecutive year's celebration mounted at Rabindra Bhavan of Bhubaneswar, presented “Siddhartha” based on Hermann Hesse's book written in 1922. ...
- Nibedita Dey - keeping originality alive
- An acclaimed exponent of Manipuri dance and Rabindra Nritya Natya, Nibedita Dey has curved out a niche of her own as an innate danseuse. She is indeed a new promising upcoming artist. Her maiden audio-video DVD – Nrittye Sangeet e Tomaye Pronam ...
- Tagore in print and nritya
- He theorises on technique of body movement and lists out points in consonance with the Natya Shastra, Tagore's idea of Nayika Bhed, the various emotions dealt with, the use of feet and hands and his use of tala, laya and chhanda.
Rabindra Nritya Natya is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Rabindra Nritya Natya books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.