- MAUNI AMAVASYA
- On Mauni Amavasya, bathing in holy rivers give virtues that are obtained by performing hundred thousand Rajasuya Yagna. Its benefits are equal to Ashwamedha Yagya. The Amavasya and Purnima of Magh Masaare celebrated as a festival on this day.
- 'Nobody is the univocal spokesperson for the nation': Sugata Bose
- The Mahabharata narrates the legendary and the quasi-historic pursuit of this idea of empire, which even the turbulent Sisupala is represented as accepting in his attendance at Yudhisthira's dharmic rajasuya sacrifice. The Ramayana too presents an ...
- The Idea of India is Not so Brittle as to Crumble at the Echo of a Few Slogans
- Rajasuya sacrifice. The Ramayana too presents 'an idealized picture of such a Dharmarajya, a settled universal empire'.
- Nationalism shouldn't turn into despotism
- The Mahabharata narrates the legendary and quasi-historic pursuit of this ideal of empire, which even "the turbulent Shishupala" is represented as accepting in his attendance at Yudhisthira's dharmic Rajasuya sacrifice. The Ramayana too presents "an ...
- Centuries old International Mahashivratri Fair Mandi begins
- During the rule of Raja Surya Sen (1664-1679), who had no heir as all his 18 sons had died during his life time, the sovereignty of the state had been vested in Madho Rai (Lord Vishnu).
Rajasuya is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Rajasuya books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
cuisine of laos eating customs
giles county tennessee geography
kerala road network
dreams meaning of dream about dragon