Rapid Eye Movement
A selection of articles related to rapid eye movement.
Original articles from our library related to the Rapid Eye Movement. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Rapid Eye Movement.
- Psychic Protection - Barriers
- Introduction: The countermeasures given in these short articles are extremely basic. They only contain the bare bones of what is necessary to use them. To understand the principles behind these countermeasures, please get a copy of 'Practical Psychic Self-Defe...
Psychic Abilities >> Psychic Protection
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 6
- Chapter 6 6:1 And it came to pass on the second sabbath after the first, that he went through the corn fields; and his disciples plucked the ears of corn, and did eat, rubbing them in their hands. 6:2 And certain of the Pharisees said unto them, Why do ye...
New Testament >> Luke
- What Is The New Age?
- The New Age movement means different things to different people. However, I feel that most all New Age topics have one basic underlying theme. That theme is personal spiritual development. Every day there are thousands upon thousands of people around the...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Love and Clarity
- Literally any state of mind may be created or enhanced within. It is commonly assumed that our thoughts and feelings are difficult, if not impossible, to change at will. But this is not so. The meditator soon realizes that it is they who are primarily...
Mind >> Telepathy and Group Mind
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 21
- Chapter 21 21:1 Now these are the judgments which thou shalt set before them. 21:2 If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing. 21:3 If he came in by himself, he shall go out by himself: if he...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Manifesting World Enlightenment: Part 3
- One of the very best ways to raise personal or group consciousness, is to MANIFEST spiritual Intentions into the environment at large. The projection of love into one’s surroundings for instance, results in love being reflected back to the sender, like...
Mind >> World Mind
Rapid Eye Movement is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Rapid Eye Movement books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- EMDR: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- One hypothesis is that EMDR mimics Rapid Eye Movement (REM), the dreaming phase of sleep that is thought to help the brain process memories. The other, called the working memory theory, suggests that moving our eyes distracts us and helps us work ...
- Sleep is serious: Catch your Zzzs
- The system of sleep/wake homeostasis helps the body track how much time we have spent awake and when it is time to sleep. Sleep occurs in two states: NREM (non-rapid eye movement) and REM (rapid eye movement) sleep. During NREM sleep, there is a ...
- Sleep Disturbances in Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: Updated Review and
- Sleep disturbances are common in adults with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and range from insomnia and nightmares to periodic leg movements and disruptive nocturnal behaviors. Together, these findings suggest profound disturbances in rapid eye ...
- Country Roads: Meet Me Tonight in Dreamland
- Researchers agree the majority of dreams ̶ particularly the most memorable and vivid dreams ̶ occur during REM (rapid eye movement) sleep. One of the five stages of sleep, REM is characterized by quick, random movements of the eyes and paralysis of ...