- Sticklebacks breed into separate species before scientists' very eyes
- It turned out these fish were able to undergo sympatric speciation because the differences between the two fish types are on the parts of chromosomes that are less likely to undergo recombination, or be mixed up when two types of fish mate.
- Complete ecological isolation and cryptic diversity in Polynucleobacter
- Theoretically, loss and acquisition of a few genes restricting distribution of a population to a certain habitat type (pH range) could drive speciation in PnecC bacteria. Another barrier to gene ....
- Super-fast evolving fish splitting into two species in same lake
- This kind of speciation, known as sympatry, was once thought to be extremely unlikely, says Chris Bird of Texas A&M University Corpus Christi, who studies how organisms are evolving by analysing their genomes.
- The origin of a species
- Dr Davies and his colleagues studied the Prdm9 gene: this gene is already known to have a role in infertility in mice from different species, and is in fact the only known speciation gene in mammals. However, how speciation ...
- Scientists prove key aspect of evolutionary theory
- "Since then, mutations have built up and the lack of sexual recombination in T.b. gambiense means that the two chromosomes in each pair have evolved independently of each other, demonstrating the Meselson effect.
Recombinational Speciation is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Recombinational Speciation books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Recombinational Speciation Topics
Related searchesdraw poker anaconda pass the trash
phoenix open history
biblical studies homiletics
mazda wankel engine 13b-dei
ellora caves the jain caves