- PHP 7: The next generation for business?
- Now a recursive backronym, PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor, PHP came into existence in 1994, created by Rasmus Lerdorf. Further development is now undertaken by The PHP Group. Interestingly, Rasmus Lerdorf never meant for PHP to become a new and ...
- Banks Get One Last Mulligan in Payments
- (Interestingly, the term Visa has become a recursive backronym for Visa International Service Association.) In true startup fashion, the bank-owned card brands of Visa and MasterCard eventually had successful IPOs. The inspiration is clearly there.
- Reviewed: Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon
- Recently I've reviewed the latest 'consumer' version of Ubuntu, namely 12.04, and found that it was pretty far away from being perfectly consumer friendly.
- A brief history of computer jargon
- Recursive backronyms don't make things any easier. This is where the acronym also appears as one of its own words, most famously in 'GNU's Not Unix' and 'WINE Is Not an Emulator'. These can evolve over time, as happened with the email client PINE.
Recursive Backronym is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Recursive Backronym books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Recursive Backronym Topics
Related searchesgreat western bank history
the giver themes