A selection of articles related to religious ecstasy.
Original articles from our library related to the Religious Ecstasy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Religious Ecstasy.
- Religious Tolerance In Springfield and the Greenleaf Coven
- Religious intolerance is alive and well in Springfield Missouri. The question is, to what degree, and in the terminology of "The Burning Times", how high are the flames? In 1999, the court case of Jean Webb vs. The City of Republic was a headliner...
Paganism & Wicca >> True Stories
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Nipping Trouble in the Bud: Community and Child Custody Issues Affecting Heathens
- I suggest there are several ways to deal with religious issues, particularly as they affect child custody, getting along with neighbors, etc. One is to be open and honest unless you are in an area so benighted as to be putting yourself and your loved ones in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Historical Christian Jewelry
- The art of jewelry making evolved though the centuries. In a sense, jewelry is any ornamentation or adornment on the body. Jewelry has been used not only for aesthetic reasons but also as an indication of a person’s status in life.
>> Body Mysteries
- Bibles Do Not Equal Wisdom
- Bibles do not equal wisdom. In other words, all forms of spiritual text no matter how eloquently stated, cannot actually grant wisdom to the reader, merely through the act of reading. Words are only the representations of things, but not the things themselves....
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Religious Ecstasy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Religious Ecstasy books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Ramachandran on Consciousness: Neuroscience as Philosophy
- Muhammad and Saul of Tarsus may have suffered from TLE (LaPlante 1992).
- Greek Gods Crossword Puzzle
- God of religious ecstasy and wine, accompanied always by satyrs and nymphs. ( 9). 6.
- Shamanism: An Old Skill for a New Age by Sharon Van Raalte It is a
- a “technique of ecstasy”, not to be confused with other forms of magic, sorcery or even experiences of religious ecstasy.
- Rational Ecstasy?:Conditions of Possibility of Entheogenic Practice
- use of the Jívaro of Ecuador, and the religious ecstasy of Pentecostalism.
Suggested News Resources
- The Religious Ecstasy of Alfred Kazin
- The religious ecstasy of Kazin is nothing if not intriguing: in no way predictable, especially of what you'd expect from an unabashedly liberal intellectual.
- Higher Ground: When God Doesn't Talk Back
- that Farmiga the director had communicated some sizzle of the commune's fervor; but the actors feel uncomfortable in holy-roller mode, and seem less like true believers than like visitors at a revival meeting dutifully miming religious ecstasy.
- The Healthy and Harrowing Phuket Vegetarian Festival
- They are truly in a state of religious ecstasy, and the evil spirits are said to see this and are frightened away.
- Elite Theatre captures the Shaker spirit in offbeat drama
- And in an echo of religious ecstasy, or group hysteria reminiscent of scenes in "The Crucible," others confess to seeing what Fanny sees.
Suggested Web Resources
- How to wire your brain for religious ecstasy. - By John Horgan
- Apr 26, 2007 Eight years ago, I flew to Laurentian University in Midwestern Canada to test a gadget that some journalists called the " God machine.
- Religious Ecstasy - Maharaji - Elan Vital - Cult
- Discussion of relationship between drugs, celibacy, fasting and other physical practices and ecstasy.
- Sexual and Religious Ecstasy
- Sexual and Religious Ecstasy, Tantra, Yoga, James Hewitt, Marghanita Laski, Bernini.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.