A selection of articles related to religious fasting.
Original articles from our library related to the Religious Fasting. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Religious Fasting.
- Juice Fasting 1.01: Building Will
- Two of the biggest problems with any metaphysical pursuit are: 1. Lack of will power 2. Dietary caused low energy levels Will Power: Will power is quite different from 'personality strength'. Just because a person has great personality strength does not mean...
Psychic Abilities >> Psychic Development
- Religious Tolerance In Springfield and the Greenleaf Coven
- Religious intolerance is alive and well in Springfield Missouri. The question is, to what degree, and in the terminology of "The Burning Times", how high are the flames? In 1999, the court case of Jean Webb vs. The City of Republic was a headliner...
Paganism & Wicca >> True Stories
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Nipping Trouble in the Bud: Community and Child Custody Issues Affecting Heathens
- I suggest there are several ways to deal with religious issues, particularly as they affect child custody, getting along with neighbors, etc. One is to be open and honest unless you are in an area so benighted as to be putting yourself and your loved ones in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Historical Christian Jewelry
- The art of jewelry making evolved though the centuries. In a sense, jewelry is any ornamentation or adornment on the body. Jewelry has been used not only for aesthetic reasons but also as an indication of a person’s status in life.
>> Body Mysteries
Religious Fasting is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Religious Fasting books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- What no one talks about when they extol the benefits of fasting
- Fasting acolytes will also note that there's a long tradition of religious fasting, though the focus there is spiritual benefits, not health.
- Lent: The surprising truth about fasting for it
- Christians, like adherents to many other religions, have long fasted.
- Gambia: On Fasting - the Season of Lent and Its Gifts
- Fasting, a major religious practice for the two main Faiths' of our country is a religious practice that stands out for its benefits in the hereafter as well as in this world.
- Fasting & Prayer: Spiritual And Physiological Benefits
- Fasting in Old Testament times was both a religious and non-religious custom (e.g. people fasted when they had lost a loved or plagued with a natural disaster).