A selection of articles related to religious metaphor.
Original articles from our library related to the Religious Metaphor. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Religious Metaphor.
- Religious Tolerance In Springfield and the Greenleaf Coven
- Religious intolerance is alive and well in Springfield Missouri. The question is, to what degree, and in the terminology of "The Burning Times", how high are the flames? In 1999, the court case of Jean Webb vs. The City of Republic was a headliner...
Paganism & Wicca >> True Stories
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Nipping Trouble in the Bud: Community and Child Custody Issues Affecting Heathens
- I suggest there are several ways to deal with religious issues, particularly as they affect child custody, getting along with neighbors, etc. One is to be open and honest unless you are in an area so benighted as to be putting yourself and your loved ones in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Historical Christian Jewelry
- The art of jewelry making evolved though the centuries. In a sense, jewelry is any ornamentation or adornment on the body. Jewelry has been used not only for aesthetic reasons but also as an indication of a person’s status in life.
>> Body Mysteries
- Bibles Do Not Equal Wisdom
- Bibles do not equal wisdom. In other words, all forms of spiritual text no matter how eloquently stated, cannot actually grant wisdom to the reader, merely through the act of reading. Words are only the representations of things, but not the things themselves....
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Religious Metaphor is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Religious Metaphor books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- SECULAR FEMINIST RELIGIOUS METAPHOR AND CHRISTIANITY
- feminist religious metaphor.
- Clusters, roots and hierarchies of (religious) metaphors in the
- Clusters, roots and hierarchies of (religious) metaphors in the disciplines. “Our language habits are at the core of how we imagine the world.
- “SOME ATTITUDES AND A POSTURE: Religious Metaphor and
- “SOME ATTITUDES AND A POSTURE: Religious Metaphor and Ritual in. Tennessee Williams'. Query of the American God” written by.
- The Metaphorical Concept “Life is a Journey” in the Qur'an: a
- of the Qur'an through applying the Cognitive Theory of Metaphor to religious metaphor.
- Toward a Definition of Religious Communication: Scientific and
- Thus metaphor is necessary but is not a sufﬁcient constituent of religious communication. but not as a religious metaphor, its meaning may be reducible.
Suggested News Resources
- The mobilisation is large, but gain won't be equal: Aruna Roy
- I have to say that this campaign is looking at a religious metaphor where a person like Mr Hazare is deified and is symbolically seen as one who will deliver. The metaphor is powerful.
- BTSC's Final Observations From Pittsburgh Steelers 2011 Training Camp (Part 1)
- Complementing the religious metaphor are occasional glimpses of monks in flowing black robes. It gives this place a spiritual, contemplative aura and the sense that even though it is just football it is somehow elevated to something more meaningful.
- Which Tax Catechism Do You Follow?
- But the surrounding language -- "apostasy", "holy", "sermonizing" -- makes clear everyone's intention to use a religious metaphor. In fact, their words fit in with a larger attempt in the media to expand the debate to religious proportions.
Suggested Web Resources
- Various Christian Metaphors
- Various Christian Metaphors. Contents. Coherent mystic meaning of 'Hell'.
- Metaphors and Symbols for Religious and Spiritual Experiences
- Joseph Campbell, Thou Art That: Transforming Religious Metaphor*.
- Religious Metaphors Misinterpreted: All Religions Have Same
- Jun 2, 2007 According to Paramahansa Yogananda, all religions serve the same purpose: to reunite one's soul with the Supreme Soul or God.
- Thou Art That: Transforming Religious Metaphor | Facebook
- Thou Art That: Transforming Religious Metaphor - Metaphors only seem to describe the outer world of time and place.
Religious Metaphor Topics
Related searchesbill hunt
joseph mccarthy tydings committee
bay of pigs invasion preparation
cuisine of finland
bedfordshire places of interest