A selection of articles related to remarkable birds.
Original articles from our library related to the Remarkable Birds. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Remarkable Birds.
- Aviary at the Gates of Heaven: Examining the Bird Symbolism in the Thoth Empress Card
- "This card, summed up, may be called the Gate of Heaven." Book of Thoth, p. 77. Eight birds adorn the fourth card of the Thoth Deck Major Arcana, The Empress. These eight birds, their variant symbology united, point at one overarching meaning -- as...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Popular Oracles and Omens
- I think it would be correct to assume that man has always been anxious to lift a corner of the veil of the future. In this section I’ve included several popular oracles, omens and superstitions. Some of these might seem a bit ridiculous, but why not consider...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- The Raven: Balancing Man and Nature
- "He likes bright abalone shells, silver beads, endless vittles, gossip and warm sleeps over the smoke hole. The Raven-ego is the lover-to-be who wants "a sure thing." The Raven-ego is afraid passion will end. He is afraid and tries to avoid the...
Symbology >> Animals
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 14
- Chapter 14 14:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 14:2 This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing: He shall be brought unto the priest: 14:3 And the priest shall go forth out of the camp; and the priest shall look, and, behold, if the...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
- The Case of Ted Owens (The PK Man)
- The principal concern of most readers will be whether the evidence in the Ted Owens case, as presented by Dr. Mishlove, is true beyond a reasonable doubt. Were this case the only case open to investigation it might well be considered beyond the pale of...
>> Psychic Abilities
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- The great god of the Nile was called Hapi. In sacred art, he was depicted as a man, somewhat overweight to symbolize abundance, and with female breasts to symbolize the river’s fertile properties. He is an ancient god, to the Egyptians as well as modern man,...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
Remarkable Birds is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Remarkable Birds books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Prince Charles albatross letter (PDF, 157 KB)
- global extinction.
- 2-3 p.m. Tuesday, Nov.
Suggested News Resources
- Let's Talk About Birds: Misunderstood vulture plays big role in nature
- Despite a face only a mother vulture could love and a particularly gross diet (encompassing just about anything dead), these remarkable birds play a critical role in our world.
Suggested Web Resources
- Amazon.com: Remarkable Birds: 100 of the World's Most Notable
- For the first time ever, here is a highly selective list of the 100 most beautiful, glamorous, unusual, and iconic birds the world has ever known.
- Review: Remarkable Birds: 100 of the World's Most Notable Birds
- Oct 22, 2008 Book Review of Remarkable Birds: 100 of the World's Most Notable Birds, by Stephen Moss.
- Our remarkable birds: New Zealand native animals: Conservation
- New Zealand is often considered a 'land of birds' because of the many different species, and the absence of mammals.
- Remarkable Birds: Amazon.co.uk: Stephen Moss: Books
- Remarkable Birds: Amazon.co.uk: Stephen Moss: Books.