A selection of articles related to representations.
Original articles from our library related to the Representations. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Representations.
- Software of the Mind #1: In The Beginning There Was Thought
- In the twilight before the dawn of civilization, the connection between humanity and Nature was still strong. Hunter-gatherers seeking food and self protection in the wilds, lived the wisdom of Nature because they never left its influence. Mind and body...
Mystic Sciences >> Mind
- Samhain - October 31st
- The Celtic year is divided into halves, marked by the two great Fire Festivals of Samhain and Beltaine. The period from Samhain to Beltaine is called "an Ghrian beag" or the "lessor Sun", and the period from Beltaine to Samhain is called &q...
Holidays >> Samhain
- What are the elements, and how many of them are there?
- In the context of magick and ritual, you will find that the four elements of Air, Fire, Water, and Earth are often used. These are powerful representations of natural magick. On the pentacle, our sacred symbol, each point of the star represents one element....
Magick >> The Elements
- The practical applications of the Tree must start at Malkuth, because Malkuth is all that is manifested on Earth. We know Malkuth better than any other Sephiroth just because we are the embodiment of Malkuth. We know the physical world by living it. Malkuth...
Magick >> Qabalah
- Sensible Ideas: The Knowledge Behind the Perception
- Do objects exist independently of consciousness? If so, what is the nature of these objects? These questions shall be investigated through the conflicting philosophies of John Locke and George Berkeley. Preliminary Quotations from Locke and Berkeley: Primary...
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
- The Horae
- Originally a trio Goddesses, the gatewardens of Olympus, they later evolved into representations of the seasons, and finally as spirits of the twelve hours: Dike, Eunome, Irene....
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- The Primal Beings
- Not arranged as a distinct class in and of itself, here is, even so, the catalogue of the first entities to manifest in the Hellenic cosmology, and the sources for all the rest: Aether, Chaos, Erebus, Gaea, Hemera, Nyx, Phanes, Pontos, Uranus. These beings...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
Representations is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Representations books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Inductive Learning Algorithms and Representations for Text
- Inductive Learning Algorithms and Representations for. Text Categorization. Susan Dumais.
Suggested News Resources
- Haircare company recalls toxic straightening product
- Mr Kell said Haircare Australia, which has distribution centres in Melbourne, Perth and Hobart, had acknowledged its representations were likely to have misled consumers.
- GMCR to sell Van Houtte US Coffee Service business to ARAMARK
- The purchase agreement, which contains customary representations, warranties and covenants, is subject to various closing conditions such as obtaining regulatory approval in the US.
- The Disparity-Proves-Discrimination Standard Gets Applied Selectively; NBA
- After all, the racial representations diverge greatly from the racial shares in the US population. For example, blacks are 15.4% of the population, but are significantly overrepresented in these outcomes: 78% (men) and 63% (women).
- Fashion Brands Eyeing New Opportunity in the Gaming World Turn to Disruptive
- Brands such as Billabong, Santa Cruz, Quiksilver, Burton, Diesel, Adidas and others are leveraging avatars - virtual representations of online users - to organically embed their brands within the 35 million online-enabled Xbox 360 users worldwide.
Suggested Web Resources
- Online presence of a printed quarterly journal of humanities and interpretive social sciences, published by the University of California Press.
- Representations publishes sophisticated, highly readable essays on the workings of culture, both past and present.
- representation - definition of representation by the Free Online
- rep·re·sen·ta·tion (r p r -z n-t sh n, -z n-). n. 1.
- Mental Representation (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
- Jul 21, 2008 The notion of a "mental representation" is, arguably, in the first instance a theoretical construct of cognitive science.