A selection of articles related to representations.
Original articles from our library related to the Representations. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Representations.
- Software of the Mind #1: In The Beginning There Was Thought
- In the twilight before the dawn of civilization, the connection between humanity and Nature was still strong. Hunter-gatherers seeking food and self protection in the wilds, lived the wisdom of Nature because they never left its influence. Mind and body...
Mystic Sciences >> Mind
- Samhain - October 31st
- The Celtic year is divided into halves, marked by the two great Fire Festivals of Samhain and Beltaine. The period from Samhain to Beltaine is called "an Ghrian beag" or the "lessor Sun", and the period from Beltaine to Samhain is called &q...
Holidays >> Samhain
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- The Emperor Tarot Card
- I'd like to offer the following interpretation of The Emperor card. It is important to bear in mind that when it comes to symbols and archetypal images that our perception of these representations may vary from person to person. My interpretation is my own...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Hey! Isn't That Christmas Star a Pentacle?
- Isn't that Star of Bethlehem a Pentagram? Well, of course it is. Just as the Saxon Eostra (or whatever spelling catches your fancy) lent her rabbit and name in English to Pasch. Also, the day of Christ's Mass is actually the festival of the birthday of Mithra;...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Bibles Do Not Equal Wisdom
- Bibles do not equal wisdom. In other words, all forms of spiritual text no matter how eloquently stated, cannot actually grant wisdom to the reader, merely through the act of reading. Words are only the representations of things, but not the things themselves....
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Representations is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Representations books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Inductive Learning Algorithms and Representations for Text
- Inductive Learning Algorithms and Representations for. Text Categorization. Susan Dumais.
Suggested News Resources
- Haircare company recalls toxic straightening product
- Mr Kell said Haircare Australia, which has distribution centres in Melbourne, Perth and Hobart, had acknowledged its representations were likely to have misled consumers.
- GMCR to sell Van Houtte US Coffee Service business to ARAMARK
- The purchase agreement, which contains customary representations, warranties and covenants, is subject to various closing conditions such as obtaining regulatory approval in the US.
- The Disparity-Proves-Discrimination Standard Gets Applied Selectively; NBA
- After all, the racial representations diverge greatly from the racial shares in the US population. For example, blacks are 15.4% of the population, but are significantly overrepresented in these outcomes: 78% (men) and 63% (women).
- Fashion Brands Eyeing New Opportunity in the Gaming World Turn to Disruptive
- Brands such as Billabong, Santa Cruz, Quiksilver, Burton, Diesel, Adidas and others are leveraging avatars - virtual representations of online users - to organically embed their brands within the 35 million online-enabled Xbox 360 users worldwide.
Suggested Web Resources
- Online presence of a printed quarterly journal of humanities and interpretive social sciences, published by the University of California Press.
- Representations publishes sophisticated, highly readable essays on the workings of culture, both past and present.
- representation - definition of representation by the Free Online
- rep·re·sen·ta·tion (r p r -z n-t sh n, -z n-). n. 1.
- Mental Representation (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
- Jul 21, 2008 The notion of a "mental representation" is, arguably, in the first instance a theoretical construct of cognitive science.
Related searchesbuccal pumping
dream dictionary keys
cleric in role-playing games
hoover dam statistics
greenpeace criticism and attacks