A selection of articles related to representative democracy.
Original articles from our library related to the Representative Democracy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Representative Democracy.
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Where Did Magick Originate?
- For early man, religion and magick were inseparable from the world around them, and just about every feature of the land was infused with some sacred significance. Swamps were evil. Every spring, tree, river and mountain was imbued with a spirit, with the...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- Sensible Ideas: The Knowledge Behind the Perception
- Do objects exist independently of consciousness? If so, what is the nature of these objects? These questions shall be investigated through the conflicting philosophies of John Locke and George Berkeley. Preliminary Quotations from Locke and Berkeley: Primary...
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
- Resurrection of the Higher Self
- In July of 1989, a controversial article crossed the managing editor's desk of an equally controversial magazine. This article was never actually published in the quarterly publication, then known as The Magical Blend , even though it was well documented by...
Body Mysteries >> Psychoactive Substances
- The Vulture
- Many people wouldn't consider the vulture a power animal - who would want an animal that eats dead things for a living to be theirs? After all, they're nasty and ugly, right? Look again. Vultures have long been considered important power animals. The ancient...
Symbology >> Animals
- Starting with Jesus and the Christian Path...
- During the years of the historical Jesus' life, there are eight or nine years that his whereabouts are not accounted for. Meaning these are the 'lost' years. It was after returning that he truly began to teach his wisdom. Many scholars believe he was in India...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Representative Democracy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Representative Democracy books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Representative Democracy
- Representative Democracy. Maija Setälä. I.
- The Shape of Representative Democracy - Campaign Legal Center
- The Shape of Representative Democracy / The Council for. Excellence in Government and The Campaign Legal Center.
- Inventing Representative Democracy
- Quotation. The Future of Representative Democracy, Resources - Page 1 of 96 Democracy came to be defined as representative democracy.
Suggested News Resources
- representative democracy
- People who argue the contrary misconceive the nature of our representative democracy. The public's democratic right extends only to electing members to represent them in Parliament, not to having a direct say in the laws they pass there.
- I Can't Recall
- As we saw in 2010, they paid the price in the next election, which is exactly how our representative democracy is supposed to work. Is it healthy to hold ad-hoc elections when political leaders do things we don't like?
- Republican Congressman Confiscates Cameras at a Town Hall
- Ah, the town hall — at once one of the purest institutions of our representative democracy and a complete and utter pain in the ass for the congressmen who hold them.
- Representative democracy
- Our form of government is a representative democracy where elected individuals represent the people. Ideally, those seeking elected offices should make clear their beliefs, in particular, on the fundamental issue of big government vs. small government.
- The Rescue That Missed Main Street
- “Our representative democracy espouses the principle that all men and women are equal under the law,” Mr. Kane said.
Suggested Web Resources
- What Is Representative Democracy?
- Brief and Straightforward Guide: What Is Representative Democracy?