A selection of articles related to representative democracy.
Original articles from our library related to the Representative Democracy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Representative Democracy.
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Where Did Magick Originate?
- For early man, religion and magick were inseparable from the world around them, and just about every feature of the land was infused with some sacred significance. Swamps were evil. Every spring, tree, river and mountain was imbued with a spirit, with the...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- Sensible Ideas: The Knowledge Behind the Perception
- Do objects exist independently of consciousness? If so, what is the nature of these objects? These questions shall be investigated through the conflicting philosophies of John Locke and George Berkeley. Preliminary Quotations from Locke and Berkeley: Primary...
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Reversed Tarot Cards
- Personally I generally try to avoid using reversed cards if at all possible. Before each reading I make sure that the cards are all upright, if a card appears reversed during the course of my reading as sometimes they inevitably it will I may interpret it as...
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- The Fundamentalist's Problem
- One of the most frustrating things for a person who does not subscribe to a fundamentalist way of thinking is that having an open and expansive conversation about spirituality and God with a fundamentalist personality is virtually impossible, if possible at...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Representative Democracy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Representative Democracy books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Plutocrats aim to kill our representative democratic system
- This might be one of the best ways to preserve whatever is left of our representative democracy. Here is why: For several decades now, a cancer has been spreading across the nation with the aim of killing our representative democratic system.
- Five Reasons "Representative Democracy" is Failing Us
- Delegates/Electoral College: In both parties, both for the party nomination process and in the general election, there are intermediary steps that prevent direct representative democracy (popular vote wins, period) from determining winners.
- Justice Scalia's principled fight for representative democracy
- Justice Antonin Scalia spent a career in the United States' judicial aristocracy defending representative democracy. He wanted courts to play a limited, supportive role, interpreting texts produced by representatives of the people.
- Letter: Destruction of representative democracy is more likely to come from left
- As usual, Mark Mansperger has twisted the truth in his Jan. 31 opinion piece, “Fascism threatens America.” The so-called “Business Plot,” the attempted fascist coup that Mansperger mentions, was widely dismissed as a hoax.
- North Carolina Exemplifies National Battles Over Voting Laws
- But Republicans see a Democratic effort to regain partisan advantage. “If you dig into it, it's really pretty simple,” said State Representative John A. Torbett, a Republican.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Representative Democracy Topics
Related searchesbattle angel alita live-action movie
bifilar coil history
lake balaton climate