A selection of articles related to retronym examples.
Original articles from our library related to the Retronym Examples. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Retronym Examples.
- The Case of Ted Owens (The PK Man)
- The principal concern of most readers will be whether the evidence in the Ted Owens case, as presented by Dr. Mishlove, is true beyond a reasonable doubt. Were this case the only case open to investigation it might well be considered beyond the pale of...
>> Psychic Abilities
- Christ's Role, As He Might Have Meant It: a Discussion
- It seems that organized religion has assumed the role of Christ in the dispensation of Truth, be it relating to the church itself or in the very Word of God. The Pope, when speaking in his official capacity, is considered to be the mouthpiece of God."...
Religions >> Christianity
- What is Hypnosis?
- Hypnosis refers to just about any situation where we respond to verbal suggestions in a particular special way. This involves a mentally very flexible condition where our imagination and fantasy are more free and more vivid. A series of instructions, called...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Software of the Mind #3: Implementing Natural Software
- " Logic " is a primary means for the refinement of the mental vehicle in particular. A common view of logic is that it is merely a system of reasoning that is in itself without direction. This view holds that logic is only a framework of...
Mystic Sciences >> Mind
- Values in the Balance
- We in the Pagan community pride ourselves on our tolerance for difference. Differences in lifestyle, sexual preference, orientation and expression, race, orthodoxy, tradition, ritual structure, costumes, positions on nudity, personal interaction styles, etc....
Holidays >> Mabon
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The PK Man Seen From an African Perspective
- I have been fortunate over the past ten years to have had the opportunity to study the shamanism used in the rain forest of southwestern Nigeria. This is the traditional home of the Yoruba Nation which is one of the largest cultural groups in Western Africa...
>> Psychic Abilities
Retronym Examples is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Retronym Examples books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Site Mobile Navigation
- For example, the old Apple slogan, “Think Different,” should actually be an adverb phrase, thus the answer today is THINK DIFFERENTLY. Similarly, the perennially ... In nontheme grammar news, we also have DATIVES and RETRONYM.
- Grammar Geekery With Bill Walsh (September)
- And so we get retronyms. Mail used to mean mail, but now that we have e-mail we have snail mail. The list is endless.
- The Word Guy: Retronyms are new words for old things
- Can you name the innovations that necessitated these new terms: “static billboard,” “wet signature,” “paper book,” “traditional cigarette”? Think “electronic” — electronic billboards, e-signatures, e-books and e-cigarettes.
- Oxford Dictionaries' word of the year is 'vape'
- The last word on words has spoken. Oxford Dictionaries chose “vape” as the word of the year. It was selected over cringeworthier choices such as “slacktivism” or “bae” — the latter a term of endearment that was a top contender for censorship in Time ...
- Belfie, drelfie, helfie, and more variations on selfie
- A youie, or a "selfie of another person," could be classified as a retronym, a word created because "an existing term that was once used alone needs to be distinguished from a term referring to a new development.
Retronym Examples Topics
Related searcheshand clapping
pentobarbital veterinary medicine
lou gehrigs disease
pharmacological gene therapy
tax resistance redirection