- Halting Ribosomal Rescue Key to Thwarting Virulent Bacteria
- The general mechanism for most antibiotics is stopping microbial protein translation by stalling ribosomes on mRNA molecules. However, many bacteria have evolved rescue pathways that allow them to circumvent antibiotic mechanisms, helping to facilitate ...
- Next Generation Antibiotics Could Protect Against Bioterrorism
- The compounds target ribosomes in the translation phase of the bacteria's genetic process, he added. For bacteria to grow and proliferate, protein-generating ribosomes, like engines rolling down a track, must travel down the messenger RNA (mRNA) to ...
- Motoring toward pre-60S-ribosome export
- Rea1 is an ATPase related to dynein motor proteins that has been implicated in the biogenesis of the 60S ribosomal subunit. A new cryo-EM study vividly demonstrates the power of structural methods, deciphering the role of Rea1 in monitoring key pre-60S ...
- Cotranslational protein folding on the ribosome monitored in real time
- Proteins consist of linear chains of amino acids. These chains must fold into complex three-dimensional shapes to become functional. Holtkamp et al.
Ribosome is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ribosome books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesmeaning of dreams about toothache
oda nobunaga tenka fubu
cinderella man plot synopsis
bank types of investment banks