A selection of articles related to rila monastery.
Original articles from our library related to the Rila Monastery. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Rila Monastery.
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Tantric Mystery Dances
- An endless row of small figures zigzags up the mountain in a snow-white Indian winter landscape. The Buddhist monastery of Likir in northern India lies on a Himalayan top and forms a colorful mandala in the midst of a virginal white world. I feel like a...
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Truth, Lies and the Holocaust
- Any fool can tell the truth, but it requires a man of some sense to know how to lie well. -Samuel Butler Over the years, I have heard many tales of tragedy and persecution committed against Neo-Pagans around the country. From folks losing jobs, losing...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- The Twilight of the Celtic Gods
- The Milesians, according to myth, were the first Celts to settle in Ireland. This group was named after the eight sons of Mil (some texts say King Milesius); these Gaelic peoples, the myths report, came to Ireland from Spain. Ironically, the first phase of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
Rila Monastery is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Rila Monastery books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Rila Monastery - A touch of Belief
- 1. Rila Monastery – A touch of belief. (half day tour).
- RILA MONASTERY
- RILA MONASTERY. 1. The Church of the Nativity of the Virgin, the main church of the monastery.
- Rila Monastery Nature Park Management Plan
- Mihailov, Director of Rila Monastery Nature Park; Ms. Nikolina Georgieva, biodiversity expert with the Directorate Rila Monastery NP, Eng.
- Excursion to Rila Monastery
- Discover the biggest spiritual and cultural center in Bulgaria for hundreds of years, a part of UNESCO's World Heritage.
- One-day tour to Rila Monastery – the most famous monument of
- One-day tour to Rila Monastery – the most famous monument of Bulgarian architecture and culture from the Revival period located at two hours drive from Sofia.
Suggested News Resources
- Bulgaria Prepares for Dormition of Mary
- Thousands of believers are expected to flock to the Rila Monastery in southwestern Bulgaria for the evening service on the eve of the great Eastern Orthodox holiday Dormition of Mary.
- Bulgarian Orthodox Christians Honor St. Ivan Rilski
- His followers founded the Rila Monastery as well as many churches in his honor. One of these churches, "St Ivan Rilski" was inaugurated in 2008 in the city of Veliko Tarnovo. St.
- Bulgarian rescuers search for 68-year-old mountain guide
- Rescuers are searching for a 68-year-old mountain guide who went missing in the Rila mountain range, close to Rila Monastery, Ivan Dragoshinov with Mountain Rescue Service told FOCUS News Agency.
- 18 августа - праздник святого Ивана Рильского в Болгарии
- Последователи святого основали в честь него монастырь — Рильский монастырь (Rila Monastery), который стоит и поныне в одной из самых живописных местностей Рилы.
Suggested Web Resources
- Rila Monastery
- Rila Monastery, Bulgaria - Welcome to Bulgarian Monastery. History, arhictecture , photos, accommodation, transport.
- Rila Monastery - UNESCO World Heritage Centre
- Rila Monastery was founded in the 10th century by St John of Rila, a hermit canonized by the Orthodox Church.
- Rila Monastery::Beginning::History
- The Rila Monastery was founded in the 30-th years of X century on the place of the Old Anchoress in Rila Mountain.
- Rila Monastery - Rila - Reviews of Rila Monastery - TripAdvisor
- Jun 26, 2011 Rila Monastery, Rila: See 21 reviews, articles, and 24 photos of Rila Monastery on TripAdvisor.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.