A selection of articles related to rites.
Original articles from our library related to the Rites. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Rites.
- Pagan Musings
- We're of the old religion, sired of Time, and born of our beloved Earth Mother. For too long the people have trodden a stony path that goes only onward beneath a sky that goes only upwards. The Horned God plays in a lonely glade for the people are scattered...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part IV: Middle Kingdom
- First Intermediate - Middle Kingdom (ca 2181 -1786 bc.) The powers that built the solar temples of the 5th dynasty and the pyramids of the 6th dynasty weakened towards the end of the Old Kingdom, perhaps as a result of eroding economics, leaving the King less...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- King Pentheus and his fateful encounter with the god Dionysus
- The story of king Pentheus and his fateful encounter with the god Dionysus is both horrifying and carries a certain warning. There arrived one day in Thebes a dancing god of great beauty and magnetism. So strong was his pull that all the women in that town...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Yule, the Winter Solstice
- ABOUT YULE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT YULE Yule, pronounced "you all", or jol is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day and the longest night of the year. Yule, in Old Norse means, Wheel. As the Wheel of the Year is significant in pagan...
Holidays >> Yule
Rites is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Rites books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- GUIDELINES FOR CATHOLIC FUNERAL RITES
- The Catholic Funeral Rites in the Order of Christian Funerals (1989) are pastoral staffs in effectively preparing the funeral rites with individuals and families.
- NEPAL'S POLITICAL RITES OF PASSAGE
- NEPAL'S POLITICAL RITES OF PASSAGE. Asia Report N°194 – 29 September 2010 . Rites of protest .
- The Concluding Rite
- The Concluding Rite of the Mass is very brief, yet it sends us out to be the Body and Blood of Christ for each other and the world.
- The Concluding Rites
- Rites, the Liturgy of the Word, and the Liturgy of the Eucharist), the. Concluding Rites are the shortest.
Suggested News Resources
- Hard times call for austere rites for new nurses
- By Jocelyn R. Uy No more grand and costly mass oath-taking rites for new nurses beginning this year.
- Equal Rites Awards
- Despite all this, our one-woman panel of judges prepares in good spirit to hand out the Equal Rites Awards to all those who did their best to do the worst for women in the past year. Without further ado, the envelopes please.
- Shares of Collective Brands soar
- THE BIG PICTURE: The retailer posted a second-quarter loss of $35 million Wednesday, including $83.6 in one-time charges that mainly reflect the declining value of its stores and Stride Rites' brand name.
- The rites of Spring
- AS summer turns to autumn, it's time to lay the foundations for some spring colour, writes David Overend. So once you've cleared annuals and dumped them in your compost bin, prepare the soil for spring colour.
- RITES to go, other agencies to be roped in
- NOIDA: Noida Authority has decided to end the monopoly of RITES, an agency responsible for quality surveillance of development projects.
Suggested Web Resources
- Rite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A rite is an established, ceremonious, usually religious act.
- Rite - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- Definition of RITE. 1.
- RITES - Government of India Enterprise
- Engineering consultants and project managers, for major projects.
- Rite | Define Rite at Dictionary.com
- a formal or ceremonial act or procedure prescribed or customary in religious or other solemn use: rites of baptism; sacrificial rites. 2.
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Rites
- The ceremonies, prayers, and functions of any religious body.
Related searcheseric carr tragic death
scottish premier league spl managers
racial segregation rhodesia
music of canada maritime music
mummy ibaloi mummy philippines