River Clyde Shipbuilding Decline
A selection of articles related to river clyde shipbuilding decline.
Original articles from our library related to the River Clyde Shipbuilding Decline. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on River Clyde Shipbuilding Decline.
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. 7:2 Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 41
- Chapter 41 41:1 And it came to pass at the end of two full years, that Pharaoh dreamed: and, behold, he stood by the river. 41:2 And, behold, there came up out of the river seven well favoured kine and fatfleshed; and they fed in a meadow. 41:3 And, behold,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- King James Bible: Deuteronomy, Chapter 3
- Chapter 3 3:1 Then we turned, and went up the way to Bashan: and Og the king of Bashan came out against us, he and all his people, to battle at Edrei. 3:2 And the LORD said unto me, Fear him not: for I will deliver him, and all his people, and his land, into...
Old Testament >> Deuteronomy
River Clyde Shipbuilding Decline is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, River Clyde Shipbuilding Decline books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Inside the Barrow shipyard, the eye of a political storm in Labour and beyond
- Jim Johnson, a 69-year-old retired shipyard worker, gestures from his armchair to the tidy row of redbrick terraced houses outside. A lively fire flickers in the fireplace, the centrepiece of ...
- Ripon philosophy professor Tyree inspired a line in Indiana Jones film
- He later was offered an honorary degree but declined. Tyree died Jan. 2 at age 98 in a hospital in Rushville, Ill.
- Background: when Clyde shipbuilding was the envy of the world
- At one point in the early 1900s a fifth of all ships in the world were made on the River Clyde in Glasgow. The city's ...
- Insiders' Guide to Glasgow, Scotland
- GLASGOW HAS LONG had a reputation for being a tough town. The 1935 novel “No Mean City,” about the razor gangs of the Gorbals neighborhood, coupled with the decades-long decline of the shipbuilding industry created indelible images of poverty and ...
- From the sacred peaks of the Himalayas to the bright, cruel centre of
- The steep decline of Clyde shipbuilding began when I was in my teens, and last year its extinction looked inevitable, apart from the very occasional warship. .... The river's loops took us twice under the green laser beam that marks the Greenwich meridian.