A selection of articles related to river ganga.
Original articles from our library related to the River Ganga. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on River Ganga.
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. 7:2 Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 41
- Chapter 41 41:1 And it came to pass at the end of two full years, that Pharaoh dreamed: and, behold, he stood by the river. 41:2 And, behold, there came up out of the river seven well favoured kine and fatfleshed; and they fed in a meadow. 41:3 And, behold,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 2
- Chapter 2 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
River Ganga is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, River Ganga books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Case Study I* - The Ganga, India
- The river Ganga occupies a unique position in the cultural ethos of India. Legend immemorial, the Ganga has been India's river of faith, devotion and worship.
- 2011 EVENTS WITH JOHN SHERMAN - RiverGanga Foundation
- May 7, 2011 More information: www.riverganga.org/go/berkeley1.
- The Majestic River Ganga
- compare the status of River Ganga with other tropical rivers. The River Ganga has been the cradle of Indian civilization and symbol of purity to millions.
- Bank Erosion of River Ganga, Eastern India-A Threat To
- River Ganga at a Glance. ∎ The Ganga, after a long journey through Nn Indian plain, enters deltaic zone of En. India.
Suggested News Resources
- Monsoon turns feeble; 7000 displaced in Kanpur
- New Delhi, Aug 27 (PTI) Monsoon turned feeble in parts of north India today, including the national capital, even as over 7000 people were displaced after river Ganga breached the danger mark in Uttar Pradesh. Delhi''s maximum settled at 32.
- Ensure no untreated sewage in river Ganga: HC
- ALLAHABAD: The Allahabad High Court on Thursday held that the state has to ensure that no untreated sewage water including tanneries trade effluent is permitted to flow in river Ganga.
- Flood victims loot panchayat office in Malda
- It is learnt that Nanditola panchayat office was distributing tarpaulins to the villagers living in the unprotected areas along river Ganga.
- River Ganga just below danger mark in Varanasi
- PTI | 03:08 PM,Aug 12,2011 Varanasi, Aug 12 (PTI) River Ganga was flowing just 1.25 metre below the danger mark today in Varanasi following heavy rains this monsoon season.The water level of Ganga increased up to 69.
- 500 families shifted as Ganga submerges 11 villages in Kanpur
- PTI | 06:08 PM,Aug 25,2011 Kanpur, Aug 25 (PTI) River Ganga crossed the danger mark here, inundating at least 11 villages and displacing over 500 families in the district, an official said today. "The water level of Ganga touched 115.
Suggested Web Resources
- Ganges - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Ganges or Ganga is a trans-boundary river of India and Bangladesh.
- Ganga The River Goddess - Tales in Art and Mythology
- Traces the origins of the river goddess in Hindu mythology. Also discusses iconographies and symbolism in art.
River Ganga Topics
dream dictionary handkerchiefs
shri vijaysinh mohite patil