A selection of articles related to river ganges.
Original articles from our library related to the River Ganges. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on River Ganges.
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. 7:2 Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 41
- Chapter 41 41:1 And it came to pass at the end of two full years, that Pharaoh dreamed: and, behold, he stood by the river. 41:2 And, behold, there came up out of the river seven well favoured kine and fatfleshed; and they fed in a meadow. 41:3 And, behold,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 2
- Chapter 2 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
River Ganges is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, River Ganges books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Case Study I* - The Ganga, India - World Health Organization
- The river Ganga occupies a unique position in the cultural ethos of India. Legend says that the river has descended from Heaven on earth as a result of the long ...
- Sharing the Ganges: Water Conflict Between India and Bangladesh
- Background on the. Ganges River and. Surrounding Area.
- River Ganges - Totally Thames
- RIVER HOOGHLY. River of Life Ganges Dolphin. Altogether eleven species of mammals have been recorded from different stretches of the delta.
- Ganga: River and Ritual in Hinduism - Maxwell School - Syracuse
- 1982. Banaras: City of Light. New York: Knopf.
- River Ganga - Ancient India
- River Ganga. Ganga is one of the most important and sacred of all rivers in India. The river is the most sacred river of Hindu India.
Suggested News Resources
- Cruise and Resort News: Ganges Trip; Ansel Adams Exhibition
- Seeing the Ganges River in India by boat isn't common, but a new cruise from Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection on its river cruise ship, the Ganges Voyager II, gives travelers a chance to do just that.
- The Ganges: Heartland of a holy highway
- Cruising a remote part of the Ganges will take you into parts of India that are rarely touched by tourism, says Adrian Mourby. Cruising on the Ganges River. Photo / Roderick Eime, Creative Commons.
- Where do the dead receive moksha? Singapore's river Ganga – Changi beach
- Do you believe in reincarnation? If so, what do you do to escape the cycle of rebirth? According to Hinduism, this cycle can be broken if the ashes of the cremated bodies are scattered at the holy river, Ganges.
- India Cultural Fest Opens, Pays Fine for River Construction
- A massive cultural festival opened on the banks of the Yamuna River in the Indian capital Friday despite concerns the sprawling construction of roads, ramps and pontoon bridges would irreparably damage the river's floodplains.
- The Adi Ganga
- This economic system ensured that nature was commodified in keeping with the politico-economic interests of the state.
Suggested Web Resources
- Ganges - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- . The Gangetic dolphin in a sketch by Whymper and P. Smit, 1894.
- Ganges River | river, Asia | Britannica.com
- May 1, 2015 Great river of the plains of the northern Indian subcontinent. Although officially as well as popularly called the Ganga in Hindi and in other ...
- The Ganges River Is Dying Under the Weight of Modern India
- Sep 23, 2015 The Ganges River flows from Rishikesh to Uttarkashi near the Tehri Dam. The river is the main lifeline for over one billion people, yet pollution ...
- More than 100 bodies recovered from India's Ganges - BBC News
- Jan 14, 2015 More than 100 bodies have been found in the river Ganges in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, prompting the authorities to order a ...
- The Ganges: holy, deadly river - FT.com
- Feb 13, 2015 Gaumukh, the source of the River Ganges, is one of the most sacred places in Hinduism. But in truth the entire river, flowing for more than ...
River Ganges Topics
Related searchesdana white biography
list of battletech characters clans
gold extraction mercury removal