A selection of articles related to river ganges.
Original articles from our library related to the River Ganges. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on River Ganges.
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. 7:2 Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 41
- Chapter 41 41:1 And it came to pass at the end of two full years, that Pharaoh dreamed: and, behold, he stood by the river. 41:2 And, behold, there came up out of the river seven well favoured kine and fatfleshed; and they fed in a meadow. 41:3 And, behold,...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- King James Bible: Deuteronomy, Chapter 2
- Chapter 2 2:1 Then we turned, and took our journey into the wilderness by the way of the Red sea, as the LORD spake unto me: and we compassed mount Seir many days. 2:2 And the LORD spake unto me, saying, 2:3 Ye have compassed this mountain long enough: turn...
Old Testament >> Deuteronomy
River Ganges is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, River Ganges books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- “The American River Ganges” Rising
- “The American River Ganges” Rising. Dec 10, 2010. Melissa Musick Nussbaum and L.
- Current Status of River Ganges
- C urrent S tatus of R iver Ganges. 1. I.
- HIKE: GOMUKH – THE SOURCE OF THE HOLY RIVER GANGES
- The Holy River Ganges' source is at Gomukh on the Gangotri glacier.
- History of the River Ganges, 1700-1900 Tanger - Salalah
- History of the River Ganges, 1700-1900. Dr Nitin Sinha historycommunication@ gmail.com.
- Compositional trends of fisheries in the River Ganges, India
- of the River Ganges, including those of the largest and most valuable species, . Map of the middle River Ganges in India showing location of Bhagalpur.
Suggested News Resources
- INDIA PREPARES TO CLEAN UP RIVER GANGES
- (AGI) New Delhi - According to sources at the Italian Embassy in New Delhi, India is preparing to clean up the River Ganges and had asked Italian companies to cooperate.
- Tracing Down the Magnificent River Yamuna
- By Eugene D'Souza, Moodubelle After spending the evening on the banks of the holy River Ganges at Haridwar and witnessing the 'aarati' and observing various rituals and ablutions at the 'ghats' we returned to the hotel.
- 'Tis the season
- Indian students wrap themselves with saffron cloth after bathing on the banks of the River Ganges on Shravan Purnima in Allahabad, India, on Saturday.
- River twinning
- OXON: The River Thames is to twin with the River Ganges in India in a £210000 initiative to share ways to protect wildlife and reduce pollution.
Suggested Web Resources
- Ganges - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Ganges or Ganga is a trans-boundary river of India and Bangladesh.
- The Ganges
- This river is life, purity, and a goddess to the people of India. The river is Ganga Ma, "Mother Ganges." Her name and her story is known all throughout the land.
- Ganges River - Map
- The Ganges is 1557 miles long (2506 km). The Ganges Valley, or basin, is 200 to 400 miles (322 to 644 km) wide.
- A Prayer for the Ganges | People & Places | Smithsonian Magazine
- Apr 9, 2011 The dark ribbon curls down a dirt embankment and flows into the Ganges River.
River Ganges Topics
Related searchesmu online rings and pendants
johann gutenberg legacy
shield movies and television
whisky whiskey-based drinks