River Mythological Rivers
A selection of articles related to river mythological rivers.
Original articles from our library related to the River Mythological Rivers. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on River Mythological Rivers.
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. 7:2 Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Archetypal Astrology
- Jungian Psychology | Archetypal Astrology | The Myths The Horoscope What is below is like what is above. And what is above is like what is below, so that the miracle of the One may be accomplished. -Tabula Smaragdina This is not an explanation of all the...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
River Mythological Rivers is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, River Mythological Rivers books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- APARTHEID MYTHOLOGY AND SYMBOLISM – DESEGREGATED
- RIVER AND THE COVENANT BY AFRIKANER HISTORIANS. The mythology that developed around the Covenant and the Battle of Blood.
- Searching for the Fourth River: Creative Tactics for Gathering and
- river, and if so, what could they tell us? We wanted to collect various versions of this urban legend.
- CER Lunchtime Lectures July – December 2007
- Fall 2007 – Rivers: Myth, Meaning and Culture in America. September17 Monday Noon-1pm.
- River Niger
- Mountains to the river's volatile delta in Nigeria, the Niger River habitat that still remain along the river.
Suggested Web Resources
- Category talk:Mythological rivers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- This project provides a central approach to Mythology-related subjects on Wikipedia.
- Lethe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- of memory loss as the legendary Lethe River.
- OCEANUS, THE ENCIRCLING RIVER : Greek mythology
- From its stream all the Rivers and Clouds drew their waters.