A selection of articles related to rivers.
Original articles from our library related to the Rivers. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Rivers.
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Everyday is Sacred
- Throughout history, people of nature religions found something sacred everywhere they looked. There was no clear-cut boundary between what was religious and what was not, what was magical and what was not. Examples of this can be found all over Europe, where...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Everyday Earth
- When you think of "Earth" what comes to mind? Perhaps you feel the stable element of solidity and grounding. Or maybe you see Earth as the third planet from the Sun. Or for you, is Earth the rich brown soil in your own backyard? Earth is all these...
The Elements >> Earth
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 11
- Chapter 11 11:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying unto them, 11:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, These are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts that are on the earth. 11:3 Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
Rivers is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Rivers books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Rising Waters Bring Dangers to Sacramento Rivers
- At the Delta King the river is roaring. "It's wonderful, I'm so grateful to be here to see the river so high and to see so much water with the drought and everything," Michael said.
- Rivers to reach 'historic' levels in western St. Tammany Parish
- The Bogue Falaya, Tchefuncte and Bogue Chitto rivers in western St. Tammany Parish will continue to rise and will reach "historic" flood levels in the next 24 hours, Parish President Pat Brister said Friday afternoon (March 11).
- Louisiana in struggle vs. nature as rivers flood, break 1983 records; see
- Advocate staff photo by BILL FEIG -- The boat ramp is closed at Fred's on Buy this photo Advocate staff photo by BILL FEIG -- The boat ramp is closed at Fred's on the River. The Amite River is high and swiftly flowing.
- Newt Gingrich, Tom Selleck, Melissa Rivers recall Nancy Reagan's strength and
- Melissa Rivers laughed as she recounted listening to her late mother Joan Rivers' conversations with Nancy Reagan, adding that her mother only chimed in at the end with a nod or agreement. “She was a lady, and it's an end of an era,” Rivers said.
- Flood warnings for Napa, Russian Rivers cancelled
- SONOMA COUNTY, Calif. (KTVU) - The flood warning for the Napa and Russian rivers in the North Bay was canceled this afternoon, National Weather Service officials said.The warning was canceled at 12:21 p.
enneagram stress amp security points
process program execution
bae systems formation