A selection of articles related to rivers.
Original articles from our library related to the Rivers. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Rivers.
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Everyday Earth
- When you think of "Earth" what comes to mind? Perhaps you feel the stable element of solidity and grounding. Or maybe you see Earth as the third planet from the Sun. Or for you, is Earth the rich brown soil in your own backyard? Earth is all these...
The Elements >> Earth
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 11
- Chapter 11 11:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying unto them, 11:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, These are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts that are on the earth. 11:3 Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
- Brigid - The Goddess of Imbolc and Celtic Europe
- Celtic Myth | Ireland | Britain | Christianity | A Myth The Pagan goddess Brigid is perhaps one of the oldest goddesses of Celtic Europe still recognized and worshipped. In fact, until the mid-twentieth century in Scotland, she was still welcomed in at Imbolc...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Rivers is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Rivers books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- RIVERS, STREAMS, AND LAKES OF OKLAHOMA
- sists of a principal river, with many smaller tributary rivers, streams, and active water courses occupying a small portion of the river bed or flood plain.
- Wild & Scenic Rivers Act
- The Wild and Scenic Rivers Act (16 U.S.C.
- NRDC: Rooftops to Rivers -- Green Strategies for Controlling
- ROOFTOPS TO RIVERS. Green Strategies for Controlling Stormwater and Combined Sewer Overflows. Project Design and Direction.
- RIVER BASIN MAP OF TEXAS
- 200 miles. 100. 300 kilometers.
Suggested News Resources
- Killer storm leaves Vt. homeowners, towns stranded
- The Saylors survived, but at a cost: Rivers of rainwater coursed down their hill, washing out the road that leads to their road. Just below their home deep in the woods, the Rock River rose up out of its banks, claiming another roadway.
- Most improved rivers list released
- A London river that was officially declared a sewer in the 1960s has become one of the best urban fisheries in the country, a report has highlighted.
- A rampage of rivers
- The Ottauquechee River was rising, and rising fast. “I mean, it rained all day,'' he was saying yesterday, holding a cup of coffee that was the envy of stunned villagers who walked past, surveying what Irene left behind and what she took with her.
- Suburb Thought It Escaped Until River Breached Wall
- Around 4 pm, a retaining wall along the Rockaway River began to fail, sending gushing water through the streets and enveloping about 500 homes.
- Several Atlantic County roads closed due to river flooding
- Ed Muller, of Hamilton Township, stands on Ballard Dr. in Hamilton Township on Monday August 29, 2011, which was flooded by the Great Egg Harbor River. Mavrick the Doberman Pinscher swims in his backyard Monday, August 29, 2011, on Little Eagle Dr.
Suggested Web Resources
- River - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A river is a natural watercourse, usually freshwater, flowing towards an ocean, a lake, a sea, or another river.
- The Rivers Casino | Pittsburgh, PA - The Rivers Casino | Pittsburgh
- You could be one of our next big jackpot winners by playing on one of our 3000 new and exciting slot machines, e-Blackjack or e-Roulette tables.
- Rivers Restaurant
- Rivers, located on the lobby level of The Chicago Mercantile Exchange Building, is one of the Chicago Loop's most popular restaurants.
- The Rivers School
- Independent, coeducational day school for grades 6-12.
- Rivers - EnchantedLearning.com
- Rivers are flowing bodies of waters. There are rivers on every continent (except Antarctica).
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesanti-christian prejudice
evolutionism cultural anthropology
intravenous therapy infection
dream symbol untamed bull