Rock Music Origins
A selection of articles related to rock music origins.
Original articles from our library related to the Rock Music Origins. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Rock Music Origins.
- An Overview of Gospel Music
- Gospels refer to the first four books of the Bible’s New Testament. These hymns became integral part of worship services of “Protestants”.
>> Poetry & Fable
- Black Gospel Music
- Black Gospel music is also known as Urban Contemporary Gospel music. Its roots were the Negro spiritual songs that were sang by the African slaves while tilling the rich cotton fields of their white Southern masters in the early 18th century.
>> Poetry & Fable
- Lynne, Carol
- Growing up surrounded by music, Carole Lynneâ€™s musical education has ranged from the informal training of her parents teaching her how to sing jazz to formal instruction at The Juilliard School of Music, University of Michigan Music School, and The American...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Rock Music Origins is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Rock Music Origins books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- This Video Will Make You a Rock Music History Expert in 15 Minutes
- Profiles for Alice Cooper, David Bowie and Queen demonstrate their love for the rock music spectacle by liking Pink Floyd's video for "Another Brick in the Wall." A profile for Dave Grohl calls Oasis "The greatest rock band I've ever seen in my life.
- Can the Rock 'n' Roll Movie Be Saved?
- As Allan Arkush, director of Rock 'n' Roll High School and Get Crazy, notes, “Rock music is now a very small part of the music business, and present-day music has very little impact on the culture. It doesn't have the impact it once did.
- We Need to Stop Whitewashing Dancehall Music in 2016
- Throughout 2015 and now well into 2016, dancehall has become increasingly whitewashed as certain pop stars have taken influences from the genre's sound without crediting its origin. Being a proud Jamaican, I'm honestly sick of the whitesplaining ...
- Columbus' PromoWest Fest lands Snoop Dogg, Brand New and Modest Mouse
- CLEVELAND, Ohio – The Alternative Press Music Awards won't be the only major music event hitting Columbus in July. PromoWest Productions, an ...