Rods To The Hogshead
A selection of articles related to rods to the hogshead.
Original articles from our library related to the Rods To The Hogshead. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Rods To The Hogshead.
- The Aeonic Perspective of the Enochian Temples
- The initiatory system of the Enochian Temples divides the path of initiation into four major stages, distinguished primarily by the types and sources of the influences they are sensitive to. Briefly, these stages are: 1. Lunar-planetary, focused in Yesod and...
Magick >> Enochian
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Rods To The Hogshead is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Rods To The Hogshead books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- LIFE ON THE STREAM
- an early purchase of a "hogshead of licker" from James H. Bowen for. $5.
- HACIENDA LA ESPERANZA SUGAR MILL STEAM ENGINE
- pivoted at its center, serves as a rocking lever connecting the piston rod and crank. .. The hogshead contains 1700 pounds on the average.
- GO BACK TO THE PREVIOUS CENTURY
- to England, each loaded with 80-90 hogsheads of the sot-weed. Being temporarily ... This number of rods would amount to about half an acre.
- John Armstrong
- The negroes built a little cabin out about ten rods from the house. All of the . Mrs .
Suggested News Resources
- Corporations Are People, But Only Sometimes: Seven And A Half Things To Know:
- Thing Five: Dow's Lucky 13000: The Dow Jones Industrial Average, a stock index built back in the days when men were men and cars got 40 rods to the hogshead as Yahweh intended, is nearing 13000. Again. And again and again.
Suggested Web Resources
- Rod (unit) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The lengths of the perch (one rod) and chain (four rods) were standardized in 1607 by Edmund Gunter.
- [2F31] A Star is Burns
- My car gets forty rods to the hogshead and that's the way I likes it. Quimby: The old person's remarks will be stricken from the record. Abe: Who said that?
- Ask Doctor Math: Rods to the Hogshead
- Oct 7, 2008 Rods to the Hogshead. Dear Doctor Math, Should I buy a Prius or a Honda Civic?