A selection of articles related to roman governor.
Original articles from our library related to the Roman Governor. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Roman Governor.
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Who Were the Celts?
- The Celts were a group of people that occupied lands stretching from the British Isles to Galatia. The Celts had many dealings with other cultures that bordered the lands occupied by these people, and even though there is no written record of the Celts...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 27
- Chapter 27 27:1 When the morning was come, all the chief priests and elders of the people took counsel against Jesus to put him to death: 27:2 And when they had bound him, they led him away, and delivered him to Pontius Pilate the governor. 27:3 Then Judas,...
New Testament >> Matthew
- ISIS and ASET are really two different deities. When the worship of Isis rose, Aset had already been forgotten for hundreds of years, at this time only a small group of priests still knew how to read the hieroglyphs of the temple walls. Isis was more a Roman...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- An Overview of Greek Gods and Goddesses
- The Twelve Olympians were the main gods and goddesses in Greek mythology. They resided in Mount Olympus and actually totals to fourteen Olympians but never more than twelve in a time.
Religion & Philosophy >> Deities & Heros
Roman Governor is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Roman Governor books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Palm Sunday 2011 The Roman Governor, Pontius Pilate preferred
- Palm Sunday 2011. The Roman Governor, Pontius Pilate preferred to live down by the Mediterranean.
- ON JULIUS VERUS, A ROMAN GOVERNOR OF BRITAIN. BY F
- 454. PROCEEDINGS OF THE SOCIETY, APRIL 11, 1904. VI.
- Year Seven History: The Roman Empire • All of the highlighted
- the whole empire these countries were ruled by governors. The areas controlled by governors were called provinces.
- A Trial
- THE PRAEFECTUS, the Roman governor of the province of.
Suggested News Resources
- Is there a hidden agenda behind the Day of Penance?
- The Roman Governor Pontius Pilate was inclined to release Christ but the Pharisees manipulated the Jerusalem mob to pressure the Roman Governor to crucify the Nazarene.
- Cowards in the Gospels: John the Baptist Was Not One of Them!
- Pilate, the Roman Governor, displayed anything but commonsense when he condemned Jesus to be crucified. His resolve to be a just Governor creaked on the hinges of loyalty he owed the Roman Emperor.
- The Power of a Consistent Message Illustrated by WNET's CEO, Neal Shapiro
- AD 65, Roman governor and advisor (arbiter) to Nero Reorganizing your people or your ideas is seductive, giving you “the illusion of progress”. Don't get me wrong. We're all new leaders all the time.
- Killer Queens, Sunday, August 21
- warrior queen Boudicca, who went to war against the Romans circa AD60. It begins in the aftermath of her first victory at what is now Colchester and carries on through her razing of London and St Albans, and her defeat by the Roman governor Suetonius.
Suggested Web Resources
- Governors of Roman Britain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- This is a partial list of Governors of Roman Britain.
- Provincial governors
- The governor of any Roman province always had four tasks. To start with, he was responsible for the taxes.
- The Roman Governors - by Paul L. Maier
- The Roman Governors from Josephus: The Essential Works by Paul L. Maier.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.