A selection of articles related to romanian mythology.
Original articles from our library related to the Romanian Mythology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Romanian Mythology.
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Romanian Mythology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Romanian Mythology books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- cosmic art inspiration with the old romanians - Astronomical Institute
- Romania is located in an area known as the turntable of Europe, at the junction .... According to Mircea Eliade, given that the symbol, myth and image are the.
- POSTMODERN PROSE AND FAIRY – TALE RESSURECTION
- TALE RESSURECTION – MYTHICAL. MORPHOLOGIES IN ROMANIAN AND. EUROPEAN FAIRY TALES.
- Romanian Peasants' Beliefs In Stars & Sky - SARM
- List of Romanian constellations. 17. Romanian Sky Myth.
- The Vision of Death in Romanian Culture - Springer
- In Romania, death customs, folklore, gestures, and rituals based in ancient. Romanian mythology are practised by people even today. According to this perspec-.
- The plant world in Romanian traditions. Symbols and uses
- The plant world has always been a base for the Romanian culture, both for material culture (practical uses) and for the spiritual one. (myth and symbols). Authors ...
Suggested News Resources
- What Is the Slender Man?
- He's been linked to mythological creatures in other foreign cultures. People have connected Slender Man to mythological creatures in a handful of other cultures. There's "Der Großman" (The Tall Man) in Germany, another "Tall Man" in Romanian mythology, ...
- Opening this week: 'Eddie the Eagle,' 'Gods of Egypt'
- In this action-adventure inspired by classic Egyptian mythology, the survival of mankind hangs in the balance as mortal Bek (Brenton Thwaites) undertakes a journey to save the world and rescue his true love.
Suggested Web Resources
- Folklore of Romania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- . Vampire - See strigoi and moroi, which are more phantom- or wizard-like creatures. Werewolf ...
- Category:Romanian legendary creatures - Wikipedia, the free
- Pages in category "Romanian legendary creatures". The following 15 pages are in this ... Categories: European legendary creatures · Romanian mythology ...
- Category:Romanian mythology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Pages in category "Romanian mythology". The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Romanian Myths, Monsters, and Heroes - The Incredibly Long Journey
- The epitome of dark myths and legends dwell deep within the wide forests of Romania, a country that was once brutal and full of mysteries. Romanian villagers ...
- Our Dragons Are Different: Wisps of Romanian Mythology - Beyond
- Jul 11, 2014 What do you know about Romanian mythology? Learn about the main characters : zmei, balauri, varcolaci and strigoi. Who are they and what ...