A selection of articles related to root vegetables.
Original articles from our library related to the Root Vegetables. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Root Vegetables.
- Valerian Root, All About
- True Wild Valerian Root, Valeriana officinalis The name "Valerian" is derived from the Latin valere , which means "to be strong" and refers to both the health benefits of the plant as well as its distinct odor. The plant was known as "...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary V
- Ague Root: Correspondences
- Aletris farinosa Folk Names: Ague Grass, Bitter Grass, Black-Root, Crow Corn, Stargrass, Starwort, True Unicorn Root, Unicorn Root Powers: Protection...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary A
- Spring Cleaning for Your Body
- Spring is that time of year when most of us feel the need to throw open the windows, beat the rugs, roll up our sleeves and start scrubbing our living space. Fertility rites. Out with the stale old stuff, in with the fresh new things, bringing with it the...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 6
- AS THE WORM TURNS Health and well being are part of the natural birthright of the human being. With all of its organs intact, the right diet, exercise and mental focus, a human body can overcome any disease. Even so, the effects of living in this...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- Golden Seal: Correspondences
- Hydrastis canadensis Folk Names: Eye Balm, Eye Root, Ground Rasberry, Indian Dye, Indian Paint, Jaundice Root, Orange Root, Tumeric Root, Warnera, Wild Curcurma, Yellow Puccoon, Yellow Root Gender: Masculine Planet: Sun Element: Fire Deity: Power: Money,...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary G
- Angelica: The Herb of Angels
- Angelica, from seed your beauty weaves, Strong stems and healing leaves. I ask your blessings to bestow, As I nurse and watch you grow. From morning's dew through afternoon, To ray of stars and midnight's moon. Michael comes upon this day, To watch you grow...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary A
- King James Bible: Romans, Chapter 11
- Chapter 11 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he...
New Testament >> Epistle to the Romans
Root Vegetables is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Root Vegetables books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Root vegetables are the workhorses of winter kitchens
- Hairy, bumpy, and misshapen, root vegetables are hardly glamorous produce. But these kitchen workhorses are ideal for hearty meals, especially in the pre-green months. "When root vegetables are cooked well, they're naturally sweet and they can really ...
- Warm Root Vegetable Salad [Vegan]
- This salad is comforting, warm, healthy, and colorful. Adding lentils into the mix adds both a protein and an earthy flavor. Left al dente, they remain firm, giving the salad a bit of bite.
- Freshway Foods to introduce fresh-cut root vegetables at Southern Exposure
- Freshway Foods will introduce new fresh-cut root vegetables at the upcoming Southern Exposure food show, sponsored by the Southeast Produce Council. The new value-add root vegetables save time and money versus processing whole produce in-house.
- Freshway Foods introduce fresh-cut root vegetables
- “We have eliminated the time-consuming steps of peeling and cutting these root vegetables,” says Chef Douglas Bond, New Product Development Manager for Freshway Foods. “This reduces the potential for cutting injuries, helps prevent cross-contamination ...
- Baked Tofu with Root Vegetables and Sage Chimmichuri
- This color of this dish ranges from orange, saffron to the deep red depending on the vegetables beings used. If you are so inclined you can substitute large shrimp for the the tofu and cook the same way.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.