- Researchers discover earliest record of rugose coral
- High-energy X-rays produced by Diamond Light Source, the UK's national synchrotron science facility, have revealed the earliest rugose coral recorded to date. Using high-resolution tomography enabled by the Diamond synchrotron, researchers from ...
- What A Rock! Michigan Man Lugs 93 Pound Petoskey Stone Off Beach
- The Petoskey stone is beloved here in Michigan.
- 3D Mapping the World's Reefs With Sly Lee (Interview)
- The study of coral reefs has traditionally relied on the rugosity chain, little more than an underwater measuring tape. Now, using cheaper, smaller, and more powerful sensors and computers, technologies like Sly's are digitizing reef research.
- Historic Shipwrecks Preserved as Undersea Museums
- Large artifacts, such as cannons and anchors, provide hard substrate and rugosity that create an ideal habitat for corals, fish and other biota.
- Wonders of the coral reef
- The earliest, from Dudley in the West Midlands, are rugose and tabulate corals dating back 440 million years — distant cousins of living species.
Rugose Corals is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Rugose Corals books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Rugose Corals Topics
Related searchesjames cook first voyage 1768-1771
diethyl ether peroxide
atish dipankar srigyan
chipmunk walt disney
alpha world city