A selection of articles related to runic studies.
Original articles from our library related to the Runic Studies. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Runic Studies.
- Reinforcement Effect and Displacement Trend: No Wine in Old Bottles?
- Two phenomena concerning displacement--the reinforcement effect and the displacement trend--have been only meagerly investigated with virtually no further published studies of them since they were first reported decades ago. Because there appears to be...
Journal of Parapsychology >> vol 53, 1989
- Suggested "Field Trips" for Runic Study
- I began this article after discussing with my colleagues just what the Runes mean and how one goes about studying them. I also remembered that my Rune teacher, Thorr Sheil, told me that he and HIS teacher went to a dairy farm while they were studying the Rune...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Elhaz is the seventh Rune of the second aett (group of eight). Its name means "elk," in the European sense of the word. The European elk is essentially the same animal as the North American "moose." The North American elk (wapiti) is a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Beth Moore
- Beth Moore, founder and pastor of internationally known Living Proof Ministries, was born Wanda Elizabeth Green on June 16, 1957 in an army base at Green Bay, Wisconsin. Beth is the fourth of five children and was raised in Arkadelphia.
>> Modern Science
Runic Studies is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Runic Studies books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Kensington Rune Stone: A Study Guide
- The Kensington Rune Stone: A Study Guide. John D. Bengtson.
- Magic and the Runes: A Skeptical View by Dan Campbell
- presentation will lead others to seek answers in their rune studies from all quarters, whether esoteric or academic, skeptical or imaginative.
- Reading and interpreting runic inscriptions: the theory and method
- of runic objects and reading of runic inscriptions, particularly new finds, and the interpretation of runic texts.
- Armanen runes Introduction
- Sep 13, 2007 the universe !!! (Only If you are serious about Runic Studies)) I started my studies of Rune magic 1972 while in Berlin, Germany.
- Siegfried Adolf Kummer Rune=Magic Dedicated in Armanic Spirit to
- Yrmin-Drighten The Rune-Gild up. Editor's Introduction.
Suggested News Resources
- Scholar unravels what a Viking would tell his Valentine 900 years ago
- Nordby's findings were recently published in the International Journal of Runic Studies. http://www.globalpost.
Suggested Web Resources
- Woodharrow Institute of Germanic Studies
- The Woodharrow Institute for Germanic and Runic Studies.
- Rune-Net - Runes, Asatru, Northern Traditions, Rune Tips
- The purpose of Rune-Net is to promote the study of our runic heritage, sorting the ancient facts from the more recent fantasies.
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Ancient Germanic studies/Runes - Wikipedia
- 6.1 Rune template; 6.2 Rune infobox templates; 6.
- Futhark: International Journal of Runic Studies :: Futhark
- Apr 4, 2011 Futhark: International Journal of Runic Studies. The scholarly annual journal Futhark began publication in december 2010.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.