A selection of articles related to russian folklore.
Original articles from our library related to the Russian Folklore. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Russian Folklore.
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- Baba Yaga: A Demon or A Goddess?
- Growing up in Kiev, Ukraine, I loved reading and listening to fairy tales. These stories, filled with Slavic flavor, were opening up a new world for me, a world where one is to learn lessons and always to succeed, a world in which no matter how many hardships...
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- The Rise Of The Rede
- A Change In Emphasis The Wiccan Rede currently enjoys an extremely visible role in Paganism. As of this writing, a browser search using the term "Wiccan Rede" will generate no less than 4,000 listings. Go to a specific Web site with a "basics...
Paganism & Wicca >> The Wiccan Rede
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
Russian Folklore is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Russian Folklore books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- GENRE SPACE OF FOLK NARRATIVE TRADITION: THE RUSSIAN
- Genre Space of Traditional Russian Folklore (or Ethnopoetry, Oral Poetry), features) of the space are (a) versified vs.
- The Role of Traditional Russian Folklore in Soviet Propaganda
- Russian Folklore in Soviet Propaganda. Rachel Goff. During the Stalin era in the Soviet Union, “Folklore...
- Forum: Russian Folk Art Under Lenin and Stalin
- Transformation of a Russian Folk Choir*. Susannah Lockwood Smith. The curtain opens.
Suggested News Resources
- Mark Morris/Renard, Mostly Mozart Festival, New York
- The jaunty chamber opera fashioned from Russian folklore takes up such favourite Morris subjects as venality, hypocrisy and horniness. And the music's bumptiousness lends itself to another Morris lodestar, the Saturday morning cartoon.
- Barnyard burlesque: the Mark Morris Dance Group premieres 'Renard'
- With an assist from four male voices, the ballet-cantata relates a fable that Stravinsky pieced together from Russian folklore; the dancers act out the tale like jolly, strolling minstrels. Where: Rose Theater, Frederick P.
- Marc Chagall: Leading the Russians to the AGO
- But the masterpiece mostly channels Russian folklore and folk art much as did Igor Stravinsky's groundbreaking musical scores of the same period.
Suggested Web Resources
- Category:Russian folklore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Jump to: navigation, search.
- Russian folklore: Saint-Petersburg Guide
- To get to know the real Russia one has to be familiar with its traditional folklore. Here on these pages you will find Russian legends, tales, beliefs, and fairy tales.
- Baba Yaga
- In Russian folklore there are many stories of Baba Yaga, the fearsome witch with iron teeth. In Russian that's: 'Baba Yaga Kostianaya Noga'.
Russian Folklore Topics
Related searchessamhain etymology
horoscope how to cast a horoscope
shannon-wiener index definitions
the bluest eye
dream symbol aboriginal spirituality
cabbage patch kids