- British Army to review use of belt-fed weapons and light mortars
- Currently each British Army infantry fire team is equipped with one L85A2 5.56x45 mm assault rifle (SA80); one L85A2 fitted with an underslung 40 mm grenade launcher (UGL); one L129A1 7.62x54 mm sharpshooter rifle; and one FN Herstal Para Minimi ...
- Royal Marines issued with more powerful rifle, replacing traditional SA80
- The move means 43 Commando are the first regular British armed forces unit to have a standard weapon other than the L85A2 SA80 assault rifle since its introduction. However, other Special Forces units already use other weapons, including the C8 Carbine.
- UK Royal Marine unit ditches the SA80 for Colt C8
- The move makes the unit the first British non-special forces unit to completely drop the bullpup L85A2 (SA80) rifle used by the rest of the regular forces. Various UK special forces units already use the C8, which is designated the L119 in British service.
- Rifles worth $1.4m donated to Regiment
- The Bermuda Regiment has taken delivery of new rifles worth $1.4 million courtesy of the UK Ministry of Defence. Four hundred state-of-the-art rifles have been handed over for free, and are the same SA80 L85A2 weapons that are standard issue to British ...
- 310 Arrests, 3500 Nitrous Oxide Canisters, and £30000 of Counterfeit Booze
- London saw a huge surge in knife crime and violence over the weekend during the Notting Hill Carnival. There were 314 arrests including 21 assaults on police; while one officer was stabbed and another was bitten in separate incidences. Scotland Yard is ...
sa80 l85a2 is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, sa80 l85a2 books and related discussion.