A selection of articles related to sabbath day.
Original articles from our library related to the Sabbath Day. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sabbath Day.
- What day are you born on?
- The day of the month on which the you were born - regardless of which month or year it is - is a key numerological indicator, providing an excellent "thumbnail sketch" of standout traits. It strongly influences your Life Path and is helpful in...
Symbology >> Numerology
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 23
- Chapter 23 23:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 23:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts. 23:3 Six days shall work be done:...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 16
- Chapter 16 16:1 And they took their journey from Elim, and all the congregation of the children of Israel came unto the wilderness of Sin, which is between Elim and Sinai, on the fifteenth day of the second month after their departing out of the land of Egypt....
Old Testament >> Exodus
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 And it came to pass on the day that Moses had fully set up the tabernacle, and had anointed it, and sanctified it, and all the instruments thereof, both the altar and all the vessels thereof, and had anointed them, and sanctified them; 7:2 That...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
Sabbath Day is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sabbath Day books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The Sabbath Day: Holy Day or Holiday?
- “Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor and do all thy work. But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work….
- Keeping primary day holy: What happens when the Jewish Sabbath coincides with
- Voting on a Saturday might not work for observant Jews, but it's probably a good day — better than a busy workday — for everyone else.
- Shopping, Scripture and the Sabbath: Why so many Christians are against plans
- Here are some Bible verses which illustrate the importance of the Sabbath and the conduct that is associated with it. Exodus 20:8 - "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.
- The Sunday trading win was a blip – the weekend is slowly dying
- It's amazing how we cling to the idea that each day of the week has a distinct personality, even when the myth falls apart under the lightest scientific prodding.
- The Sabbath: First Or Last Day?
- The Talmud, in Tractate Shabbat (69b), raises the following question: what happens if you are far away from human habitation and you forget what day it is? How do you observe the Sabbath? The Talmud offers two answers: R.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.