A selection of articles related to sabbats.
Original articles from our library related to the Sabbats. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sabbats.
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Ritual and Ritual Preparation
- Avoid interruptions during a religious or magical rite -- take the phone off the hook, lock the doors, post a "do not disturb" notice. Depending on how your animals and/or children react to ritual, you may have to make other arrangements for them...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- Yule, the Winter Solstice
- ABOUT YULE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT YULE Yule, pronounced "you all", or jol is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day and the longest night of the year. Yule, in Old Norse means, Wheel. As the Wheel of the Year is significant in pagan...
Holidays >> Yule
- Mabon, The Witch's Thanksgiving
- To Autumn O Autumn. Laden with fruit, and stained With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit Beneath my shady roof, there thou may'st rest, And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe; And all the daughters of the year shall dance, Sing now the lusty song...
Holidays >> Mabon
Sabbats is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sabbats books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Eight Sabbats of Witchcraft
- EIGHT SABBATS OF WITCHCRAFT. Get any book for free on: www.Abika.
- WICCAN / PAGAN HOLYDAYS THE EIGHT SABBATS OF
- The Eight Sabbats of Witchcraft. 1. WICCAN / PAGAN HOLYDAYS.
- The Wheel of the Year Presenter: Harriet Myslinski-Beauvais
- Willow and I've been attending Sabbats with them for three years.
- The Wiccan Church of Minnesota
- The Sabbats. A year-long course that meets once (maybe twice) before each Sabbat and discusses the. Sabbat, its meaning and the modes of celebration.
- A Pagan Book of ABCs A Pagan Children's Activity Book by
- The eight Sabbats of the Wheel of the Year are included as are the three I is for the Sabbat Imbolc when we look to better weather. Jj.
Suggested News Resources
- Initiation: A Love Letter
- I didn't feel it was beneath me to sit and write down the names of the Sabbats. I was determined to glean whatever I could from the classes. I was surprised to find the lesson I learned is that Wicca is enough.
- LES JOURNÉES MONDIALES DE LA JEUNESSE : Plaidoyer pour la tolérance
- «Cessez d'apporter de vaines offrandes: J'ai en horreur l'encens, Les nouvelles lunes, les sabbats et les assemblées; Je ne puis voir le crime s'associer aux solennités.
- Le pianiste Roger Muraro frappe les esprits avec sa "Symphonie fantastique"
- fourmillaient dans cette région du Dauphiné natal de Berlioz, riches, si l'on en croit les récits des voyageurs nuitamment égarés dans les bois de La Côte-Saint-André, en chevauchées fantastiques, orgies de brigands et autre sabbats de sorcières.
- Freiheit der Meinung im Leben der Kirche
- Beispiel hierfür ist die Frage nach der Heiligung des Sabbats. Als Jesus in eine Synagoge ging, saß dort ein Mann, dessen Hand verdorrt war. Und sie gaben acht, ob Jesus ihn am Sabbat heilen werde; sie suchten nämlich einen Grund zur Anklage gegen ihn.
Suggested Web Resources
- Wheel of the Year - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- "Sun sabbats" refer to the quarter days, which are based on the astronomical position of the sun.
- Pagan and Wiccan sabbats and holidays
- Pagan and Wiccan sabbats and holidays, the wheel of the year from Yule to Samhain.
- The Sabbats of Wicca
- Because witches honor nature, they have eight festivals, or Sabbats, that mark the year as it turns through its seasons.
- Now, the Pagan Sabbats have evolved into there being many ways to look at the Sabbats.
- The Witches Sabbats
- The official host site for Mike Nichols's beloved essays on the Eight Sabbats of Witchcraft, with folklore and calendar customs for each holiday.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.