A selection of articles related to sabbats.
Original articles from our library related to the Sabbats. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sabbats.
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Ritual and Ritual Preparation
- Avoid interruptions during a religious or magical rite -- take the phone off the hook, lock the doors, post a "do not disturb" notice. Depending on how your animals and/or children react to ritual, you may have to make other arrangements for them...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Mabon, The Witch's Thanksgiving
- To Autumn O Autumn. Laden with fruit, and stained With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit Beneath my shady roof, there thou may'st rest, And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe; And all the daughters of the year shall dance, Sing now the lusty song...
Holidays >> Mabon
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
Sabbats is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sabbats books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Go Vouch Yourself
- Her loyalty to the coven who supports her in meat-space should always take precedence over the demands of faceless inquisitive strangers to provide details about who attends her sabbats, who wields the power there, and who else can be implicated in the ...
- Pagan Sabbats: Samhain crafts
- Samhain is a Pagan Sabbat that falls on October 31st every year. This is the final harvest festival. Many Pagans consider this day to me the beginning of the new year.
- One Does Not Simply Boycott a Sabbat
- However one cannot simply boycott a sabbat. Sabbats occur whether you celebrate them or not. Boycotting Lammas is like boycotting Tuesday, it just can't be done.
- Fremde Welten
- Freitagsabends, wenn religiöse Juden den Beginn des Sabbats feiern, ist der Gemeinschaftsraum im Hillel daher meist besonders voll. Dann rücken sie alle zusammen beim Abendessen, tauschen sich aus und bisweilen spielt einer auf dem Klavier.
- The Smaller Sabbats (Or Where did Lughnasadh Go?)
- 8b317ab24014f59ccbf0ce04e9149df3 As I write this it's Lughnasa, but you'll excuse me if I wasn't able to tell that online.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesmedia effects theory bobo doll
dmz vietnam establishing the dmz
flint michigan demographics
invalid proof examples