A selection of articles related to sacred animals.
Original articles from our library related to the Sacred Animals. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sacred Animals.
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Rituals, invocations and sacred space
- "There is a single main definition of the object of all magickal Ritual. It is the uniting of the Microcosm with the Macrocosm. The Supreme and Complete Ritual is therefore the Invocation of the Holy Guardian Angel; or, in the language of the Mysticism,...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Everyday is Sacred
- Throughout history, people of nature religions found something sacred everywhere they looked. There was no clear-cut boundary between what was religious and what was not, what was magical and what was not. Examples of this can be found all over Europe, where...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Questions and Answers about Power Animals
- Question : So, what does it mean to work with 'power' animals? Are we working with an individual animal, say the 'possum down the street or the wolf at the zoo? Answer : Well, sorry to say, no. When you work with a 'power' animal (I've got to find a better...
Symbology >> Animals
- Sacred Space: Circles and Altars
- The magic circle or sphere is a well-defined, non-physical temple. There are two main types -- those used by ceremonial magicians are designed to protect the magician from the forces he or she raises. Our circles are used to create sacred space to commune...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- I am Pagan
- I am Pagan. I am a part of the whole of Nature. The Rocks, the Animals, the Plants, the Elements, and Stars are my relatives. Other humans are my sisters and brothers, whatever their races, colors, genders, sexual orientations, ages, nationalities, religions,...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
Sacred Animals is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sacred Animals books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Concepts in Animal Welfare
- Animals and religion. • Impacts of religions on relationships between humans and animals: – Religious views. – Sacred animals.
- India's Sacred Cow by Marvin Harris
- To Americans and Europeans, the attitude of most people in India toward cows is perplexing. Hindus regard the animals as sacred and will not kill or eat them.
- SACRED ANIMALS OF INDIA
- TESTING DRUGS / COSMETICS ON. ANIMALS. TRADITIONAL MEDICINES FROM.
- Sacred Animal Teachings - All Nations Hope
- Three objectives of Keep the Circle Strong also revised as 'Sacred Animal.
Suggested News Resources
- Janmashtami: A celebration on Krishna's birthday
- "Krishna protected cows as sacred animals and we are delighted to celebrate the cow at this year's festival," said President of the Temple, Srutidharma Das.
- Thousands arrive at Janmashtami Festival near Watford
- "Krishna protected cows as sacred animals and we are delighted to be celebrating the cow at this year's festival.
- Sri Lanka's elephant census begins despite boycott
- Elephants are treated as sacred animals in Buddhist-majority Sri Lanka and are often paraded during temple festivals. Wildlife officials have denied there was any plan to use census data to capture wild elephants.
- 'Freedom for the thought we hate'
- Look at the Philippine case involving an outright insult against Islam (a tabloid stupidly saying that Muslims consider pigs “sacred animals”).
- Sri Lanka elephant census accused of plotting to kidnap young elephants
- As sacred animals in Sri Lanka, tamed elephants have long been used for cultural pageants at Buddhist and Hindu temples, along with carrying out heavy lifting, and acting as a means of domestic transportation.
Suggested Web Resources
- Sacred Animals
- by Sacred Animals about: band: firstname.lastname@example.org management: email@example.com press: liza@frictionpr.
- Sacred Animals | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos
- Sacred Animals's official profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.
- Sacred Animals
- Sacred Animals. The Horse (so'-qui-li). Mighty horse...
- Sacred Animals | Facebook
- Sacred Animals - Download EPs here: - buy physical ltd ed here: - Description: We are a musical project from Dublin, Ireland.
Sacred Animals Topics
Related searcheslist of volcanoes dominica
takeshi kaneshiro drama
criminal tattoo the four suits
marvin gaye legacy and tributes
lex domicilii explanation