A selection of articles related to sacred architecture.
Original articles from our library related to the Sacred Architecture. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sacred Architecture.
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Rituals, invocations and sacred space
- "There is a single main definition of the object of all magickal Ritual. It is the uniting of the Microcosm with the Macrocosm. The Supreme and Complete Ritual is therefore the Invocation of the Holy Guardian Angel; or, in the language of the Mysticism,...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Everyday is Sacred
- Throughout history, people of nature religions found something sacred everywhere they looked. There was no clear-cut boundary between what was religious and what was not, what was magical and what was not. Examples of this can be found all over Europe, where...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Sacred Space: Circles and Altars
- The magic circle or sphere is a well-defined, non-physical temple. There are two main types -- those used by ceremonial magicians are designed to protect the magician from the forces he or she raises. Our circles are used to create sacred space to commune...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- In Nomine Babalon: Sacred Whoredom in a Thelemic Context
- Naked and trembling, pressed against my bare body, he whispered into my hair, "can I kiss you?" Instead of answering with words, I turned my face up to him. When our lips met, it felt as if some part of him opened up around me like a cocoon. I...
Body Mysteries >> Sexuality
Sacred Architecture is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sacred Architecture books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Journal of Sacred Architecture
- The Journal of Sacred. Architecture. A Biennial Journal of the Events and Issues Related to Sacred Art and Architecture.
- THE SACRED IN ART AND ARCHITECTURE:
- THE SACRED IN ART AND ARCHITECTURE: Timeless principles and contemporary challenges1. By Aidan Hart.
- Sacred Architecture
- EGYPTIAN SACRED ARCHITECTURE page 103. ISLAMIC ARCHITECTURE page 121.
- LIGHTING AND SPATIAL STRUCTURE IN RELIGIOUS
- followed by a research on the Byzantine and Ottoman religious architecture.
Suggested News Resources
- St. Joseph's in Modesto adds tours to fall festival
- "Then we're going to get into the purpose of sacred architecture," he said. "What is worship, and what does worship mean, and how do architecture and art and music assist that, complement that human spirit?
- Book Review: Nicholas Pevsner: The Life
- The BoE's former bias towards sacred architecture is at least partially explained by the delicious sentence: 'He was not as enamoured of the aristo-cracy as some other historians of the great country houses.
- The Churches of Lalibela; Religious Past, Architectural Future
- King Lalibela's idea was to create a “New Jerusalem” for those people who could not make the sacred journey to the “Holy City.” The idea came from Jerusalem but what the king created was entirely unique and sacred architecture.
Suggested Web Resources
- NOVA | Sacred Architecture
- Oct 21, 2010 When designing Gothic cathedrals, some medieval builders drew on sacred measurements laid out in the pages of the Bible.
- Designing Sacred Architecture through the Senses : Sensing
- Nov 25, 2008 What makes architecture sacred? That spirituality that a “place” makes you feel often serves to inspire and provoke memory through the senses.
- Sacred Architecture: Amazon.com: Magazines
- Product Description. Sacred Architecture seeks to foster debate and analysis of contemporary and historic Catholic architecture.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Sacred Architecture Topics
Related searchesgush katif controversy
mihaly csikszentmihalyi flow
natural monopoly explanation
isle of wight language and dialect
thai art ayutthaya period