A selection of articles related to sacred names.
Original articles from our library related to the Sacred Names. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sacred Names.
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Rituals, invocations and sacred space
- "There is a single main definition of the object of all magickal Ritual. It is the uniting of the Microcosm with the Macrocosm. The Supreme and Complete Ritual is therefore the Invocation of the Holy Guardian Angel; or, in the language of the Mysticism,...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Everyday is Sacred
- Throughout history, people of nature religions found something sacred everywhere they looked. There was no clear-cut boundary between what was religious and what was not, what was magical and what was not. Examples of this can be found all over Europe, where...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses in the wilderness of Sinai, in the tabernacle of the congregation, on the first day of the second month, in the second year after they were come out of the land of Egypt, saying, 1:2 Take ye the sum of all the...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- Sacred Space: Circles and Altars
- The magic circle or sphere is a well-defined, non-physical temple. There are two main types -- those used by ceremonial magicians are designed to protect the magician from the forces he or she raises. Our circles are used to create sacred space to commune...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
Sacred Names is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sacred Names books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Lillian Pitt: The River People Are Still Here, Still Creating
- So, titling them – I just thought I would give them the names of our dances in the longhouse, which is the Round Dance, the Rabbit Dance and the Owl Dance.
- Paul Golio, animal hospital employee hit by car, dies
- Paul Golio, longtime employee and "big personality' at the Dobbs Ferry Animal Hospital, died Thursday, a week after he was hit by a car while crossing the street.
- Religion events around the Washington area
- Saturday, 8:30 to 10 a.m.: Special photography access.
- Music as Devotion
- (The word qaul refers to an “utterance [of the Prophet]” and the earliest qawwals were ecstatic musical repetitions of these sacred utterances.) Phrases or sentences would be lengthened or repeated, emphasizing both obvious and hidden meanings ...
- Doctor given prison for taking kickbacks to prescribe risky drug
- In his plea agreement, Reinstein admitted that, beginning in the 1990s, he prescribed the brand-name version of clozapine to hundreds of his patients while receiving $234,000 from the manufacturer. Reinstein admitted that the payments, ostensibly for ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Sacred Names Topics
Related searchesamplifier carbon microphone
xhosa famous xhosa people
mackenzie northern railway
dream interpretation travel
carmen dialogue versus recitative