A selection of articles related to sacred object.
Original articles from our library related to the Sacred Object. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sacred Object.
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Rituals, invocations and sacred space
- "There is a single main definition of the object of all magickal Ritual. It is the uniting of the Microcosm with the Macrocosm. The Supreme and Complete Ritual is therefore the Invocation of the Holy Guardian Angel; or, in the language of the Mysticism,...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Everyday is Sacred
- Throughout history, people of nature religions found something sacred everywhere they looked. There was no clear-cut boundary between what was religious and what was not, what was magical and what was not. Examples of this can be found all over Europe, where...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Sacred Space: Circles and Altars
- The magic circle or sphere is a well-defined, non-physical temple. There are two main types -- those used by ceremonial magicians are designed to protect the magician from the forces he or she raises. Our circles are used to create sacred space to commune...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- In Nomine Babalon: Sacred Whoredom in a Thelemic Context
- Naked and trembling, pressed against my bare body, he whispered into my hair, "can I kiss you?" Instead of answering with words, I turned my face up to him. When our lips met, it felt as if some part of him opened up around me like a cocoon. I...
Body Mysteries >> Sexuality
Sacred Object is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sacred Object books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Acquisition and Stewardship of Sacred Objects
- Aug 9, 2006 works – including sacred objects of contemporary cultures.
- Sacred objects in museum spaces
- to reflect on the relationship of the sacred to concrete objects.
- Pesticides:Section 1
- Decontaminating Sacred Objects of the Haudenosaunee. Richard W.
Suggested News Resources
- Forget Dagon, Baal, and Asherah: smartphones are the new idols
- It is a sacred object to be held and caressed and constantly attended to. Previous generations fell in love with their cars or became addicted to TV, but this one elevates devotion to material objects to an altogether different level.
- President addressed the people on National Flag Day
- Ukrainian people, regardless of nationality, language, or faith," Yanukovych said. The presdient called to protect and respect the National Flag of Ukraine as a national sacred object. "It is our constitutional and civic duty," the president summed up.
- Why splash out on waterproof books?
- Our cultural reverence for the book – a sacred object that must not be defaced, damaged or thrown away – is a lovely thing, but increasingly crazy. Presumably it harks back to the time when books really were rare and precious things.
- 5 of the island's oldest Buddhist temples
- The father of the boy dreamt that the reason his son had died was for the sin of tying the buffalo to a sacred object, that what the boy thought was a post was in reality the golden peak of the Buddha's conical cap.
Suggested Web Resources
- A Sacred Object as Text: Reclaiming the Sacred Pole of the Omaha
- Omahas today call their Sacred Pole Umoⁿ'hoⁿ'ti, the "Real Omaha." He is a physical object, a cottonwood pole—but he is also a person with a life of his own.
- Sacred Objects: trees, lotus, cows
- Sacred Objects: Trees, Lotuses, Cows. Why are certain trees and plants as sacred?
Sacred Object Topics
Related searchesdune buggy design
8 mile plot outline
nuremberg middle ages
bristol cathedral trivia
red faction vehicles