A selection of articles related to sacred object.
Original articles from our library related to the Sacred Object. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sacred Object.
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Rituals, invocations and sacred space
- "There is a single main definition of the object of all magickal Ritual. It is the uniting of the Microcosm with the Macrocosm. The Supreme and Complete Ritual is therefore the Invocation of the Holy Guardian Angel; or, in the language of the Mysticism,...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Everyday is Sacred
- Throughout history, people of nature religions found something sacred everywhere they looked. There was no clear-cut boundary between what was religious and what was not, what was magical and what was not. Examples of this can be found all over Europe, where...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Sacred Space: Circles and Altars
- The magic circle or sphere is a well-defined, non-physical temple. There are two main types -- those used by ceremonial magicians are designed to protect the magician from the forces he or she raises. Our circles are used to create sacred space to commune...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- In Nomine Babalon: Sacred Whoredom in a Thelemic Context
- Naked and trembling, pressed against my bare body, he whispered into my hair, "can I kiss you?" Instead of answering with words, I turned my face up to him. When our lips met, it felt as if some part of him opened up around me like a cocoon. I...
Body Mysteries >> Sexuality
Sacred Object is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sacred Object books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- With content that's traditional and sacred, Eyob Mergia paints his homeland
- Several works in The Philosophy of Form and Color are overtly religious. The 14-by-10-foot painting “Ark of the Covenant” (2007) is assembled from small canvases in the shape of the ark, a sacred object said to have been brought from Jerusalem to Axum, ...
- Whatcom Museum returns sacred ceremonial object
- A sacred Indian ceremonial object's back in tribal hands, following a ceremony at Whatcom Museum. The object's a woven blanket the museum bought in 1975 from a gallery in Seattle. Last year, Central Council of the Tlingit and Haida Tribes of Alaska ...
- 'The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story' Recap: Personal Lives Matter
- In these sacred spaces we entrust our outward appearances, our most fundamental method of interacting with the world, to a professional with our best interests at heart. But in the crazy, mixed-up world of mid-'90s Los Angeles, ...
- With Water, String, and Laughter: Finding the Divine (Parshat Pekudei, Exodus
- This month, the Torah has led us on a comprehensive tour of the folk art museum of ancient Israelite desert wandering, a full accounting of the physical culture of our portable sacred space in the wilderness.
- Infallibility — Hans Küng appeals to Pope Francis
- 21, 2015, however, confronted with curial ailments and even scandals, you confirmed your will for reform: 'It seems necessary to state what has been — and ever shall be — the object of sincere reflection and decisive provisions.
Sacred Object Topics
Related searchesfranz boas
list of imax venues malaysia
brisbane heritage and landmarks
animal origin and fossil record
the 7 worlds amp the 7 cosmic planes