A selection of articles related to sacred poetry.
Original articles from our library related to the Sacred Poetry. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sacred Poetry.
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Rituals, invocations and sacred space
- "There is a single main definition of the object of all magickal Ritual. It is the uniting of the Microcosm with the Macrocosm. The Supreme and Complete Ritual is therefore the Invocation of the Holy Guardian Angel; or, in the language of the Mysticism,...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Everyday is Sacred
- Throughout history, people of nature religions found something sacred everywhere they looked. There was no clear-cut boundary between what was religious and what was not, what was magical and what was not. Examples of this can be found all over Europe, where...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Sacred Space: Circles and Altars
- The magic circle or sphere is a well-defined, non-physical temple. There are two main types -- those used by ceremonial magicians are designed to protect the magician from the forces he or she raises. Our circles are used to create sacred space to commune...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- In Nomine Babalon: Sacred Whoredom in a Thelemic Context
- Naked and trembling, pressed against my bare body, he whispered into my hair, "can I kiss you?" Instead of answering with words, I turned my face up to him. When our lips met, it felt as if some part of him opened up around me like a cocoon. I...
Body Mysteries >> Sexuality
Sacred Poetry is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sacred Poetry books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The driving force for Indiana's poet laureate Shari Wagner
- Wagner: My poems have a high regard for mystery and a deep desire to encounter the sacred within the physical world. They explore, among other things, the connections between things often assumed to be in binary opposition, such as the past and the ...
- Choices for music and nightlife for March 11-17
- University of Maine Singers: 7:30 p.m. Friday, Falmouth High School, 874 Gifford St.
- Porn is murdering the moral character of millions of men and women
- The poetry of Scalia's jurisprudence was not just that he was a warrior against the forces of secularism, but that he was a joyful warrior, one who made no apologies and wielded his pen gloriously. In his 1992 dissent in Planned Parenthood v.
- A Love Letter to Joel Grey on the Occasion of His New Memoir
- It became a sacred talisman that I kept hidden safely between the pages of my Aubrey Beardsley book. In those days I had only one friend, Erica, an artistic eccentric who embraced my melancholy and attraction to seedy beauty.
Sacred Poetry Topics
Related searchestwo-stroke cycle power valve systems
youth culture history
humayun ahmed selected novels
melody of oblivion horu
meaning of dreams about bird