A selection of articles related to sacred sites.
Original articles from our library related to the Sacred Sites. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sacred Sites.
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Rituals, invocations and sacred space
- "There is a single main definition of the object of all magickal Ritual. It is the uniting of the Microcosm with the Macrocosm. The Supreme and Complete Ritual is therefore the Invocation of the Holy Guardian Angel; or, in the language of the Mysticism,...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Everyday is Sacred
- Throughout history, people of nature religions found something sacred everywhere they looked. There was no clear-cut boundary between what was religious and what was not, what was magical and what was not. Examples of this can be found all over Europe, where...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Sacred Space: Circles and Altars
- The magic circle or sphere is a well-defined, non-physical temple. There are two main types -- those used by ceremonial magicians are designed to protect the magician from the forces he or she raises. Our circles are used to create sacred space to commune...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- I am Pagan
- I am Pagan. I am a part of the whole of Nature. The Rocks, the Animals, the Plants, the Elements, and Stars are my relatives. Other humans are my sisters and brothers, whatever their races, colors, genders, sexual orientations, ages, nationalities, religions,...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
Sacred Sites is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sacred Sites books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Sacred Places Europe: 108 Destinations
- “Many sacred places are now bustling tourist and pilgrimage desti- nations.
- Native American Sacred Sites
- CONFLICTS WITH CORPORATIONS OvER SACRED SITES 17. Introduction to C ase Appendix Four: U.S.
- Sacred sites: Biodiversity and Andean spirituality
- 1. Sacred sites: Biodiversity and Andean spirituality. Yachay Wasi Conference in Acopia, Dept of Cuzco, Peru - April 2009.
Suggested News Resources
- Report: Archbishop to leave Baltimore for Rome
- Pope Benedict XVI is set to name Archbishop Edwin F. O'Brien to a Rome-based order of knights charged with protecting the Christian community and sacred sites of the Holy Land, a prominent Catholic blogger is reporting.
- We're proud to be 'holier than thou!'
- The accolade comes in a new book on sacred sites and the town's Minster features strongly – thanks to a wealth of ancient holy treasures.
- U.S. Forest Service Opens Sacred Sites Report for Public Comment
- The US Forest Service has opened for public comment through the Federal Register a draft report that outlines its policies and procedures on Indian Sacred Sites.
- Pechanga: No Need to Delay Quarry Vote
- The legislation would prohibit activities, such as mining, near Indian sacred sites.
Suggested Web Resources
- Mysterious Places: Explore sacred sites and ancient civilizations
- Mysterious Places, explore ancient civilzations and sacred sites.