A selection of articles related to sacred sites.
Original articles from our library related to the Sacred Sites. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sacred Sites.
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Rituals, invocations and sacred space
- "There is a single main definition of the object of all magickal Ritual. It is the uniting of the Microcosm with the Macrocosm. The Supreme and Complete Ritual is therefore the Invocation of the Holy Guardian Angel; or, in the language of the Mysticism,...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Everyday is Sacred
- Throughout history, people of nature religions found something sacred everywhere they looked. There was no clear-cut boundary between what was religious and what was not, what was magical and what was not. Examples of this can be found all over Europe, where...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Sacred Space: Circles and Altars
- The magic circle or sphere is a well-defined, non-physical temple. There are two main types -- those used by ceremonial magicians are designed to protect the magician from the forces he or she raises. Our circles are used to create sacred space to commune...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- I am Pagan
- I am Pagan. I am a part of the whole of Nature. The Rocks, the Animals, the Plants, the Elements, and Stars are my relatives. Other humans are my sisters and brothers, whatever their races, colors, genders, sexual orientations, ages, nationalities, religions,...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
Sacred Sites is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sacred Sites books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Indigenous Communities in Guatemala Fight Against the Privatization of Sacred
- In recent years, the popular tourist attraction of Semuc Champey in the Guatemalan department of Alta Verapaz has become a point of social conflict for the indigenous Q'eqchi' Mayan communities surrounding the site. On February 8, tensions erupted and ...
- Valentine to Oak Flat: Native Runner Dedicates LA Marathon to Sacred Sites
- On a day that many people reserve to spend with their valentine, George Funmaker arose early to lay down prayers for sacred Oak Flat, Chi'chil Bildagoteel. Funmaker, Ho-Chunk and Dakota, dedicated his 2016 Los Angeles Marathon run as a spiritual one ...
- GOP candidates promising to sell sacred sites in Nevada
- “I feel angry because they're talking about giving away something that didn't belong to them in the first place,” Mary McCloud, a member of the Western Shoshone Nation, told me at the Democratic caucus on Saturday.
- Pakistan religious sites may be razed for train
- A Christian anti-persecution charity is warning a number of religious heritage sites in Pakistan are going to be demolished so that a train line can be installed in Lahore.
- Picturing history: Newel K. Whitney Store important, sacred site
- The Newel K. Whitney store in Kirtland, Ohio, is one of the most important and sacred sites that can be visited by students of Latter-day Saint history.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Sacred Sites Topics
Related searchessa80 history
collectivist and individualist cultures
black forest points of interest
rocky plot summary
telnet protocol details
dream interpretation wheel