A selection of articles related to sacred text.
Original articles from our library related to the Sacred Text. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sacred Text.
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Rituals, invocations and sacred space
- "There is a single main definition of the object of all magickal Ritual. It is the uniting of the Microcosm with the Macrocosm. The Supreme and Complete Ritual is therefore the Invocation of the Holy Guardian Angel; or, in the language of the Mysticism,...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Everyday is Sacred
- Throughout history, people of nature religions found something sacred everywhere they looked. There was no clear-cut boundary between what was religious and what was not, what was magical and what was not. Examples of this can be found all over Europe, where...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Sacred Space: Circles and Altars
- The magic circle or sphere is a well-defined, non-physical temple. There are two main types -- those used by ceremonial magicians are designed to protect the magician from the forces he or she raises. Our circles are used to create sacred space to commune...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- In Nomine Babalon: Sacred Whoredom in a Thelemic Context
- Naked and trembling, pressed against my bare body, he whispered into my hair, "can I kiss you?" Instead of answering with words, I turned my face up to him. When our lips met, it felt as if some part of him opened up around me like a cocoon. I...
Body Mysteries >> Sexuality
Sacred Text is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sacred Text books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Wangdue Goenpa's sacred text missing for almost four decades
- Religion: The main text (Tsalee) of a set of religious text or Gongdu patis belonging to Wangdue Goenpa in Komatha, Sha Kazhi gewog, has been missing for the past 37 years. Many lhakhangs possess Gongdu patis but the one at Wangdue Goenpa was ...
- Reading sacred texts on screens, not paper: Does it matter?
- If computer devices are aspects of our material world that people pray over and for and through, what does that say about the boundaries between the sacred and the profane? A soft glow has long filled reading rooms during devotional time.
- Editorial: Election dispels the big-money myth
- Hillary Clinton and countless others have suggested rewriting America's most sacred text — the First Amendment — to undo the decision. All of those protests have been predicated on the assumption that money buys elections. That has never been the case.
- AC Grayling reduces history to a game of quidditch
- In the introduction to his new book he writes: ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.