A selection of articles related to sacred thread.
Original articles from our library related to the Sacred Thread. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sacred Thread.
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Rituals, invocations and sacred space
- "There is a single main definition of the object of all magickal Ritual. It is the uniting of the Microcosm with the Macrocosm. The Supreme and Complete Ritual is therefore the Invocation of the Holy Guardian Angel; or, in the language of the Mysticism,...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Everyday is Sacred
- Throughout history, people of nature religions found something sacred everywhere they looked. There was no clear-cut boundary between what was religious and what was not, what was magical and what was not. Examples of this can be found all over Europe, where...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Sacred Space: Circles and Altars
- The magic circle or sphere is a well-defined, non-physical temple. There are two main types -- those used by ceremonial magicians are designed to protect the magician from the forces he or she raises. Our circles are used to create sacred space to commune...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- In Nomine Babalon: Sacred Whoredom in a Thelemic Context
- Naked and trembling, pressed against my bare body, he whispered into my hair, "can I kiss you?" Instead of answering with words, I turned my face up to him. When our lips met, it felt as if some part of him opened up around me like a cocoon. I...
Body Mysteries >> Sexuality
Sacred Thread is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sacred Thread books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Sacred Threads: The Bayeux Tapestry as a Religious Object
- Sacred Threads: The Bayeux Tapestry as a Religious Object. 1. By Richard M.
- *1. Archana to any Deity 2. Upakarma (changing sacred thread) *3
- Upakarma (changing sacred thread). 11.00.
Suggested News Resources
- Miromoda Showcase at New Zealand Fashion Week
- After winning the Established section with her collection Te Aho Tapu (The Sacred Thread), Adrienne Whitewood of Rotorua was also named Overall Winner.
- Festival unites Christians, Hindus
- The festival is marked by the sister tying a sacred thread on the brother's wrist. The brother in turn showers her with money and gifts and pledges to protect her all her life.
- Janai Purnima‚ Rakhi marked nationwide
- Thousands of people thronged holy shrines all over the country to tie the sacred thread on their wrists. Brahmins and Chhetris took a dip in the holy rivers, streams and nearby ponds and got thread (Janai) from priests.
- Traditional rakhis in high demand
- VARANASI: With less than a week to go for Rakshabandhan, prominent market places of rakhis (the sacred thread tied to the wrist of brothers by their sisters) has come alive. Girls and women could be seen crowding the rakhi shops on Sunday.
- Lucknow : Raksha Bandhan Beyond Jail
- With their brothers in prison, the sisters turned up at the jail waiting for their turn to tie the sacred thread on the hands of their brothers.
Suggested Web Resources
- Upanayana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- It denotes that one who wear the sacred thread should be pure in his thought, word and deed.
- The Sacred Thread of Yoga
- October 2012. Monday 8th 2012—Sunday 14th 2012. sacred thread 'namaste' logo.
- Heart of Hinduism: Initiation: The Sacred Thread Ceremony
- Initiation: The Sacred Thread Ceremony. A recent upanayana ceremony in the UK.
- Sacred Threads | The Art of Clothing | Wholesale Distributor
- Welcome to the Sacred Threads website! Here you will find information about Sacred Threads and our lines.
- home | The Sacred Thread
- The Sacred Thread. about the book · about adrienne · blog · photos · surrogacy resources · press. the sacred thread.
Sacred Thread Topics
Related searchesmary daly
apoptosis functions of apoptosis