A selection of articles related to sacred thread.
Original articles from our library related to the Sacred Thread. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sacred Thread.
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Rituals, invocations and sacred space
- "There is a single main definition of the object of all magickal Ritual. It is the uniting of the Microcosm with the Macrocosm. The Supreme and Complete Ritual is therefore the Invocation of the Holy Guardian Angel; or, in the language of the Mysticism,...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Everyday is Sacred
- Throughout history, people of nature religions found something sacred everywhere they looked. There was no clear-cut boundary between what was religious and what was not, what was magical and what was not. Examples of this can be found all over Europe, where...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Sacred Space: Circles and Altars
- The magic circle or sphere is a well-defined, non-physical temple. There are two main types -- those used by ceremonial magicians are designed to protect the magician from the forces he or she raises. Our circles are used to create sacred space to commune...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- In Nomine Babalon: Sacred Whoredom in a Thelemic Context
- Naked and trembling, pressed against my bare body, he whispered into my hair, "can I kiss you?" Instead of answering with words, I turned my face up to him. When our lips met, it felt as if some part of him opened up around me like a cocoon. I...
Body Mysteries >> Sexuality
Sacred Thread is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sacred Thread books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Hanging up sacred thread: Yechury on combining class and caste struggle
- When I was 11, I went to my father's ancestral place to learn the Vedic rituals and slokas for the thread ceremony. It was a Brahminical indoctrination ceremony.
- Gardner's masterpieces, up close and personal
- On regular visits to Fenway Court, hard-nosed questions can easily be blurred by the waning light, the sacred hush, and above all that insanely beautiful courtyard, which can disturb anyone's critical composure. ...
- The Empire's New Clothes
- Each tongue was so densely embroidered with gold thread that its surface looked chased. Some of the pairings of sacred art and decadent couture gave off a whiff of sacrilege.
- Rediscovering Shivas of the South - II: From the Gudimallam lingam to Rock Fort
- If you notice, unlike other Shivas elsewhere, here the sacred thread does not adorn his body. The entire Lingam has seven facets and the whole sculpture is several feet below ground level.
- Trumpism Is a Sign that Faith in the American Civil Religion May Be Collapsing
- But the perennial thread which connects individuals as disparate as John Winthrop, Martin Luther King, and Ronald Reagan, was a sense of the nation itself as somehow covenentally sacred. Historian Sacvan Bercovitch has argued that this almost ...
Sacred Thread Topics
Related searchesvocative case romanian
shadow moses incident
concentration camp slovakia
bean character shadow puppets