A selection of articles related to sacred tree.
Original articles from our library related to the Sacred Tree. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sacred Tree.
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Rituals, invocations and sacred space
- "There is a single main definition of the object of all magickal Ritual. It is the uniting of the Microcosm with the Macrocosm. The Supreme and Complete Ritual is therefore the Invocation of the Holy Guardian Angel; or, in the language of the Mysticism,...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- The Tree of Life
- The Tree of Life is a glyph is intended to represent the cosmos in its entirety and the soul of man. We use this Tree as a tool to calculate the intricacies of existence. The glyph is made up of ten circles, Sephirah, or spheres. The Sephiroth represent the...
Magick >> Qabalah
- Everyday is Sacred
- Throughout history, people of nature religions found something sacred everywhere they looked. There was no clear-cut boundary between what was religious and what was not, what was magical and what was not. Examples of this can be found all over Europe, where...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- The Walnut tree – a vegetative guardian angel
- Nature gave us a wonderful tree providing strength, stability and protection in a number of ways. The Black Walnut brings healing on the psychological and emotional plane, cures the body and nurtures the nervous system. The Walnut tree speaks to me mostly in...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary W
Sacred Tree is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sacred Tree books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- New Video Evidence of a Mysterious Behavior Among Wild Chimpanzees
- Even more intriguing than this, we may have found the first evidence of chimpanzees' creating a kind of shrine or “sacred” trees. Indigenous West African people have stone collections at sacred trees and such man-made stone collections, commonly ...
- Scientists baffled by footage of primates 'building shrines at sacred tree'
- Yet Kehoe stuck to her guns: 'Maybe we found the first evidence of chimpanzees creating a kind of shrine that could indicate sacred trees,' she said.
- Sacred tree hits Gaya hosp ward construction work
- Now the power company says it will relocate the HT cable and transformer but will not touch the Peepal tree, as the locals revere it. India Power AGM Rakesh Ranjan said the company's job is limited to relocation of transformer and cable.
- Mysterious chimpanzee behaviour may be evidence of 'sacred' rituals
- Even more intriguing than this, maybe we found the first evidence of chimpanzees creating a kind of shrine that could indicate sacred trees. Indigenous West African people have stone collections at “sacred” trees and such man-made stone collections are ...
- Rituals of the Animal Kingdom: Chimp “Sacred Trees” and Elephant “Funerals”
- After inspecting several such incidents, scientists realized that this was uncannily similar to the stone piles next to “sacred tree” done by ancient indigenous peoples like the Native Americans.
Sacred Tree Topics
Related searchesjakob van uexkll
key club pledge
hare folklore and mythology
focus group types of focus groups
mercury drug history