- Erekat backs Marwan Barghouti as next Palestinian president
- The two most moderate potential candidates fared the poorest in the poll. Only 4% said they favored Erekat, while former PA prime minister Salam Fayyad of the Third Way party got only 3%.
- After two decades, has the PA run its course?
- Saeb Erekat, chief Palestinian negotiator and PLO secretary-general, told Deutsche Welle last week that he would not seek the office of president after Mr Abbas. Instead, he threw his support behind jailed Fatah leader Marwan Barghouti.
- Do We Have to 'Hijack Your Planes' Again?
- He fired Yasser Abed Rabbo, a onetime advisor-turned-adversary, and froze the assets of an NGO founded by Salam Fayyad, accusing the technocratic ex-prime minister of financial improprieties.
Saeb Salam is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Saeb Salam books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.