A selection of articles related to sailors.
Original articles from our library related to the Sailors. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Sailors.
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- King James Bible: Revelation, Chapter 18
- Chapter 18 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. 18:2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the...
New Testament >> Revelation
- Pagan Culture Never Died
- Pagan culture never died. It changed, was hidden, became hushed -- but never died. We can look around and see that many of the Old ways are still part of everyday life. Here's a few examples. What others can you see in your own surroundings? A personal...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Everyday Air
- We breathe it in every day. It surrounds us, fills us, yet often we don't even notice it: Air. Of all the elements, Air is perhaps the most illusive. It can be the most difficult to describe, but can also be one of the most vibrant. Air brings us the light...
The Elements >> Air
- A son of Poseidon, and Lord of the Winds. He figures in the Odyssey, where Odysseus encounters him and is given a bag containing all the winds (except the one which blows toward Ithaka); Odysseus' sailors open it however, and raise a storm....
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Welcome to Tyr’s Aett, the third and final aett (group of eight) of the Elder Futhark. Tiwaz is the name of this aett’s first rune in reconstructed Common Germanic. Its name became first Teiws in Gothic, then later Tiw or Tiu in Anglo-Saxon and Tyr in Old...
Divination >> Rune Stones
Sailors is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Sailors books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- CIVIL RELIEF ACT GUIDE SOLDIERS' AND SAILORS'
- Charlottesville, Virginia. SOLDIERS'. AND.
- trailor sailors trailor sailors
- trailor sailors. s a f e t o w i n g t i p s f o r. STATE OF CALIFORNIA.
- A GUIDE TO THE SOLDIERS' AND SAILORS'
- Soldiers' and Sailors' Civil Relief Act of 1940, as amended -. 50 U.S.
- For Future Sailors
- about the Navy's programs, which will help Future Sailors prepare for Recruit Training. questions to the attention of their recruiter, Future Sailors can benefit.
- SAILORS IN THE SAN BLAS
- See story on page 24. SHERWIN TAYLOR. JEANNIE MILLER (2).
Suggested News Resources
- Romance dooms Navy career of honored sailor
- They were among five sailors aboard the Arleigh Burke-class destroyer Sampson who were charged this year with fraternization between officers and enlisted personnel.
- Historic Indianapolis war memorial statue returned after restoration
- Indiana War Memorial Soldiers and Sailors Monument statue Victory returns home Friday after restoration at Indiana National Guard headquarters.
- Sailors home from Libya recall ordeal
- By BILL POWER Staff Reporter At night, crew aboard HMCS Charlottetown could see and feel the explosive blasts as troops loyal to Moammar Gadhafi fired at Libyan citizens within the city of Misrata.
- Conditions in Nelson's navy uncovered by scientists
- Sailors in Admiral Nelson's navy were plagued by scurvy, ridden with syphilis and often mutilated by amputations but only a minority were from lowest social class, Oxford University archaeologists have found.
Suggested Web Resources
- Sailor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A sailor, mariner, or seaman is a person who navigates water-borne vessels or assists in their operation, maintenance, or service.
- Sailors' Union of the Pacific
- A union of unlicensed sailors that work in the deck, engine, and steward's departments in U.S.-flag vessels under contract to the Union.
- Sailor Tattoos
- This article describes tattoos worn by sailors through the years.
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System - National Park Service
- Comprehensive research tool for searching the records of the soldiers and sailors who fought in the Civil War.
- Provides public information for citizens of and visitors to Maryland, including resources for health, business, education, and history.