A selection of articles related to saint bridget.
Original articles from our library related to the Saint Bridget. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Saint Bridget.
- Brigid - The Goddess of Imbolc and Celtic Europe
- Celtic Myth | Ireland | Britain | Christianity | A Myth The Pagan goddess Brigid is perhaps one of the oldest goddesses of Celtic Europe still recognized and worshipped. In fact, until the mid-twentieth century in Scotland, she was still welcomed in at Imbolc...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Lavender: Solace and Majestic
- Lavender, the Herb of Air, My friend when I am in despair. I ask Earth's blessing to bestow, As I tend and watch you grow. Strong roots and dainty stems, Bring joy to life when pleasure dims. Wee green bud with purple top, All your uses never stop. From...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary L
- Voodoo Rituals
- Voodoo rituals and beliefs recognize that there is one supreme being who created the earth and the universe much like the Abrahamic religions of Christianity, Judaism and Islam belief that there is only one supreme God.
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Saint Bridget is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Saint Bridget books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Demolition of St. Bridget of Erin, one of the oldest churches in St. Louis
- Coming down is St. Bridget of Erin, a stately brick church whose cornerstone was laid in 1859 and which for decades served St. Louis' Kerry Patch Irish Catholics.
- Answer Man: A water tower named for St. Bridget
- That's the new 500,000-gallon St. Bridget water tower, which will serve what's called the St. Bridget Intermediate Zone, according to Rochester Public Utilities.
- Revisiting St. Patrick's Day 1869 at the Tenement Museum
- On the tour, visitors see a recreated rear yard, which was 97 Orchard's only source of water in 1869, when Bridget and Joseph Moore lived there. Ms.
- Old School, Convent Building Gets New Life Classrooms for St. Bridget
- When St. Bridget of Kildare fifth-grader Kamryn Bukowsky left school on Friday, Feb. 12, it would be three days before she had class again and her teacher Marge Maher had a special reminder for students.
- You don't need to be Irish—or a man—to march in the Irish Channel St
- I was named for my great, great grandmother Bridget Gleason Mulvihill,” says Broadley. Broadley says it all started around ten years ago, with a conversation over pints of Guinness at Kerry Irish Pub.
Saint Bridget Topics
looney tunes controversy
wiccan chat rooms