Saint Hilary Of Poitiers
A selection of articles related to saint hilary of poitiers.
Original articles from our library related to the Saint Hilary Of Poitiers. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Saint Hilary Of Poitiers.
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Lavender: Solace and Majestic
- Lavender, the Herb of Air, My friend when I am in despair. I ask Earth's blessing to bestow, As I tend and watch you grow. Strong roots and dainty stems, Bring joy to life when pleasure dims. Wee green bud with purple top, All your uses never stop. From...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary L
- Brigid - The Goddess of Imbolc and Celtic Europe
- Celtic Myth | Ireland | Britain | Christianity | A Myth The Pagan goddess Brigid is perhaps one of the oldest goddesses of Celtic Europe still recognized and worshipped. In fact, until the mid-twentieth century in Scotland, she was still welcomed in at Imbolc...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Voodoo Rituals
- Voodoo rituals and beliefs recognize that there is one supreme being who created the earth and the universe much like the Abrahamic religions of Christianity, Judaism and Islam belief that there is only one supreme God.
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Saint Hilary Of Poitiers is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Saint Hilary Of Poitiers books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Everyone should have a Carlos Juarez in their life
- Kevin P. Murphy noted at Carlos' services Thursday St. Hilary of Poitiers Church in Rydal, Carlos didn't have to adapt to his wheelchair, his wheelchair had to adapt to him.
- 10 Saint Hilary Things that Caught My Eye Today (Jan. 13, 2016)
- St. Hilary of Poitiers was born into a very well-off pagan family. Eventually through study and following an ethical conscience, he saw that polytheism was untenable, that there could only be one God.
- ST. HILARY OF POITIERS
- On January 13, Catholics celebrate St. Hilary of Poitiers, a fourth-century philosopher whose studies made him a champion of orthodox Trinitarian theology during one of the most difficult periods of Church history.
- Young pilgrims celebrate World Meeting of Families
- Students at Saint Hilary of Poitiers in Rydal are doing their part in making sure the pope and thousands of pilgrims feel welcome this weekend.
- Coleen Nolan on the moment her eldest son Shane Jr welcomed a baby girl
- The Loose Women panelist her revealed the emotional moment she saw her 27-year-old son hold his baby girl, Amelia Rose, her first grandchild. Speaking to The Mirror, the 50-year-old star admitted while it was a 'scary day', she was overwhelmed when the ...