A selection of articles related to saints name.
Original articles from our library related to the Saints Name. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Saints Name.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Welcome to Tyr’s Aett, the third and final aett (group of eight) of the Elder Futhark. Tiwaz is the name of this aett’s first rune in reconstructed Common Germanic. Its name became first Teiws in Gothic, then later Tiw or Tiu in Anglo-Saxon and Tyr in Old...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
Saints Name is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Saints Name books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Only in America: Stanford students demand removal of saint's name from campus
- Students at Stanford University are demanding the removal of a Catholic saint's name from campus buildings over his role in the "assimilation and exploitation of Native Americans." St.
- Stanford Students to Crusade Against Catholic Saint's Name
- The latest target in this battle is Saint Junipero Serra, an 18th-century Spanish, Roman Catholic priest and missionary who was canonized last September. His name is on two dorms, an academic building a street and the mall that is the school's official ...
- What's it like, when the saints come marching?
- The best were the saints' name days, like when all the boys named Christopher got the day off. Then when Christopher was dropped by the church, they had to come in. My name was Jeremiah, and he was not a saint, but an angry prophet, and thus no day off ...
- Prem: Rafa relief, Saints stun Liverpool
- Saints wasted a brilliant chance to reduce the arrears after substitute Martin Skrtel pulled down Graziano Pelle in the box. But Sadio Mane, also off the bench, saw his spot kick saved by Simon Mignolet.
Saints Name Topics
Related searchesbeaver fur trade
hoonah alaska geography
trinity blood canon
agusan del norte political