- Vellahlas escaped by transiting from caste to class armed with racism
- Revised Saivism of Arumuka Navalar, which was viable in feudal times, was no longer valid to claim leadership of the new class rising in the 20th century. Under casteism, authorised by Navalar, they had the power to exclude, and even eliminate the ...
- Pedapulipaka temple consecrated amid Vedic chants
- 'Maha kumbhabhishekam' was performed as per the Saivagama (one of the principles of Saivism). A motley crowd of devotees gathered around the temple with their eyes fixed on 'Rajagopuram' to witness the spectacle, while the priests and Vedic scholars ...
- A brief history of Tamils persecuting and killing Tamils
- Saivism, as doctored by Navalar, was essentially a religious cover to legitimise the supremacy of the Vellahlas – the lowest category in the hierarchy of the classical caste system in India. The highest caste was that of the Brahmins.
- Scholar, chronicler of inner lives of Tamils
- Co-editing a volume on 'Self and Self-Transformation in the History of Religions', Shulman wrote that Tamil Saivism offers a rich programme for self-transformation beginning with daily rituals which are meant to turn the devotee into Shiva.
- 'Nepali but culturally Indian' in Sarvepalli's Oxford chair
- "After finishing BA in economics and Sanskrit grammar from Kathmandu, I went to Benares to study Saivism. After finishing my MA from the Sampurnananda Sanskrit University, Benares, I came back to Kathmandu and eventually started to teach in the same ...
Saivism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Saivism books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Related searcheswe all fall down
m statius priscus licinius italicus
waterloo bridge history
dream dictionary dumb