A selection of articles related to saivites beliefs.
Original articles from our library related to the Saivites Beliefs. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Saivites Beliefs.
- Our Pagan Village: The Importance and Persuit of Honor
- Candlelight flickers over the Beltaine revels. Food is laid out in the circle for the feast. Only one rule – no one can feed themselves. Each is dependent on friends and loved ones for sustenance, joy and delight. After an hour of laughter and revels and way...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Everything you always wanted to know about the beliefs of the Founding Fathers that your Congressman will never tell you!
- Through the Dark Ages, civilization and learning languished under the iron rule of the church. Finally, through the rediscovery of the Pagan Classics, Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus, Plotinus and many other philosophers, the west began to see a glimmer of the...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- The Seven Shaman Principles
- The World is What You Think It Is Positive thoughts attract positive people and events, and negative thoughts attract negative people and events. Corollary: Everything is a dream Dreams are real and reality is a dream. The only test we use for a reality check...
Religions >> Native American, Shamanism
- History of Voodoo
- The notoriously perceived notion of Voodoo as practiced in the western world is that of grotesquely molded wax dolls with pins sticking out of them. Let's look deeper than that!
Parapsychology >> Spirits
Saivites Beliefs is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Saivites Beliefs books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Jaffna low-castes stoned Arumuka Navalar – Godfather of Vellahlaism
- It was he who single-handedly reformulated the Hindu Saivite ideology to elevate the Vellahla Sudras (the lowest in classical caste system of India) to the highest rank in Jaffna.
- These 24 Nepalese Dogs Are Totally Cool With Being Worshipped For Diwali
- These Nepalese dogs were treated to a day of pampering and kindness on Tuesday -- and it doesn't look like they're having a ruff time of it.
- 11 Books That Will Introduce You To The Beauty Of Hinduism
- Hinduism, one of the world's oldest religions, can be hard to understand or even define.
- The right path
- Saivite saints, who appeared long after the time of the Nayanmars, are treated equally reverentially. Among them are Sarabam Dandapani Adigal, Pamban Swami and Ramalinga Adigal. Vallalar is the name by which Ramalinga Adigal is popularly known.